A/C Only Blows Max Cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, it could be worse; and I've had worse because I'm on my 2nd compressor in 4 years. But the problem now is that it runs max cold all the time when it is on. I can move the temp setting all the way hot and it is still ice cold. I would think there is a thermostat that is not working properly? Or probe? If I replace the control unit will that fix it? I have some concern about the compressor running all the time.

BTW I have the notorious compressor slugging issue and have replaced several tensioners, belts, and 2 compressors. Last time I also installed a Deslugger but I'm still hearing some chattering.

OP
OP
bldn10

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the climate control module and that did not make any difference. I assume there is a probe that senses temp, sends a signal to the control, and the control cuts compressor on and off? Anyone know where that probe is?

OP
OP
bldn10

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I did not know how the system works, I thought the compressor cycled like it does in a home system. But now do I understand correctly that it runs continuously and the temp is altered simply by mixing warmer air to the max cooled air? If so, doesn't that mean that there is no fuel savings (mpg) by raising the temp? So you might as well max chill out?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like you have a bad actuator, 2 are accessed fairly easily the 3rd is way up under the dash, if your lucky its one of the two which are located under the kick panel on the passenger side under the glove box and extending over to the center "hump", takes a 7mm or 8mm socket to get the kick panel off, then you can visually see if there functioning or not. I am not sure which one divides the hot & cold I think it is the one closer to the blower motor. youtube has plenty of how to video's its a easy job as long as it isn't the one up under the dash

OP
OP
bldn10

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've seen those videos but if I'm right about no effect on mpg then I might as well not bother. I don't recall any issue w/ heat in the winter.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya I leave mine set at 60 all summer and just adjust the fan as needed, it's so hot here in California anything less than max cool is useless anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26