A/C Fan On/Off & Cold in the Front, Hot in the Back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my new blower motor actuator but issue remains. The new one made by Dorman works. It has way more metal rods but they are thinner than the OEM Bosch one. The problem seems to be in the wiring, specifically the purple wire going to the motor. When I play with it, the motor turns on and off. I ended up pushing it deeper into its socket point in the motor and it seems to stay on even after a drive. Seems like just a loose wire I hope. This did not improve the rear which still blows hot air. I want to get the recommended AC DELCO 1572972 {#89018375} / Dorman 604-111 but not sure where it goes. Some videos show an option under driver gas pedal but i had trouble finding this on mine. I only see the one on passenger side.
the 604-111 goes in the rear hvac, nearest the blower motor. the front ones are different model but the hot/cold will always be the closest one to the blower motor. you can pull your old one out and match up the part number to be sure.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 604-111 goes in the rear hvac, nearest the blower motor. the front ones are different model but the hot/cold will always be the closest one to the blower motor. you can pull your old one out and match up the part number to be sure.

Thanks for direction. I found video below does a great job explaining at the 4 minute mark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yote1