A/C Dripping Inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Clogged drain port. Use a snake or compressed air to unclog it. Since it can drain out the normal way, the condensation gonna build until it finds a place to come out, and it's usually Inside the cabin

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I checked the drain port and it appeared clear, just for the hell of it, I pulled the rubber elbow off and ran a wire in it, to loosen any debris. Nothing came out and it was clear. When the truck was parked with the ac running, there was plenty of water coming out of the under hood drain. Puddles.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I think part of the problem was it was just a really long ride with the ac on the entire time.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had that experience twice, well not me my wife on our trips back from Florida. Ice cold air blasting the entire trip and some drips on her foot. I thought it was exactly that the condensation inside bcause of the heat outside and cold inside. I'll have to check my drain one day and make sure it's clear.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
It's normal if you are using the A/C for extended periods and pulling HOT/HUMID OUTSIDE AIR in rather than having it in recirculation mode and pulling already cooler air from the cabin. The temp differences will cause condensation. Get enough condensation and it will drip.

Just so everyone knows, to get the coldest air possible, you need to be in recirc mode.

The way A/C works is that it pulls heat from the air. Removing that heat cools the air but the byproducts are heat from the condenser and also sweat from the evaporator. The cooler and less humid the air the intake is, the more efficient the system works thus cooling the air to the maximum (until the evaporator thermistor/temp switch cycles the compressor off at a certain temp to keep the evaporator from freeding into a block of ice) and sweating the least (due to already conditioned low-humidity air).

Last edited:

harpsubb92

Reaction score
I've had this happen. There should be a 2nd drain plug in the back behind the passenger side wheel make sure both r clear. I had a spider make a nest in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan