A/C Compressor on when HVAC displays off and Off when hvac displays On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I thought I had a compressor problem because when I pressed the A/C (snowflake) button on the HVAC controller, the A/C compressor would not come on. I could hear the compressor clicking but it was not coming on. Well come to find out, the compressor actually comes on when the A/C is turned off and stops running when the A/C is turned on (snowflake displays on LCD screen on dash). Basically the system is just working opposite of the way it should. Has anybody had this problem before? I have tried resetting the system by disconnecting the battery and holding the positive and negative cables together. I also pulled the fuse for the A/C under the hood and left it out for about 10 minutes. I then put the fuse back in and started the car. Any help would be appreciated.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this as well but if you look closely at the display when the snowflake is there, mine shows a line thru like the a/c is actually off

OP
OP

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this as well but if you look closely at the display when the snowflake is there, mine shows a line thru like the a/c is actually off

Thanks for the response. I guess it helps to read the owners manual. I looked into it this afternoon and it stated the snowflake has a line thru it and actually means the a/c is off. Kind of counterintuitive since you would assume the snowflake display means A/C is on. The line thru the flake is not easy to see.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... i had the same confusion when i first got mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432

Latest posts