99 yukon cel on for both o2 sensors on same side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sirwilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i HAVE A 99 YUKON THAT RANDOMLY MISFIRES EVERY NOW AND AGAIN. THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON FINALLY AND SHOWS FAULTY 02 SENSOR BANK 1 SENSOR 1 AND BANK 1 SENSOR 2 I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT BOTH SENSORS BEFOR AND AFTER CAT ON SAME SIDE WOULD GO OUT AT THE SAME TIME. i RECENTLY REPLACED INTAKE GASKETS WITH UPGRADED DESIGN AT THE SAME TIME I REPLACED ALL SPARK PLUGS, CAP AND ROTOR ANY THOUGHTS ON WHAT THIS COULD BE? I WAS THINKING MAYBE COIL.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If misfire history shows all misfires happen on the same bank then the codes may be the results of responding to the misfires. You need to get on a scanner to monitor the sensors and read the misfires history. if all of them come from the same bank and compression is fine you may be running in to a damaged converter.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also have the converters checked at a muffler shop for flow to make sure they aren't bad, pretty simple and cheap test overall...

Cyngine Smythe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also experienced a readout of faulty sensors 1 & 2

My engine also has a rough idle, and I also experienced a readout of faulty sensors of both 1 & 2, but after I used a Mass Air Flow Cleaning Spray on the MAF Sensor, the readout only showed that Sensor 1 needed to be replaced. Which I am in the process of ordering online now. I have read that some people say to go with certain brands. Anyone know how the "Bosch" brand works? I have a 99 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 LT 2 door 4x4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77