99 Vs 2005 MPH VS RPM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike_L

Banned
Reaction score
Speedo calibration is easy. Diablosport Trinity or inTune, or even an old Predator if you can find one.

Does the XL have the same diffs as the short ones? I have 3.42s and would love to have 4.10s.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Speedo calibration is easy. Diablosport Trinity or inTune, or even an old Predator if you can find one.

Does the XL have the same diffs as the short ones? I have 3.42s and would love to have 4.10s.

Idkd
That is something i could do But it would have to be a direct bolt on with ZERO rigging.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Just looked at my brothers RPO code (1999) and its GU6 = 3.42

MPH----Tire-------Trans-----Gears------RPM
60-----30.34------.70-------3.42-------1590

60-----30.34------.70-------3.73-------1734

60-----30.34------.70-------4.10-------1907

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

No wonder i freaked out,
I drove my truck right after driving his.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Well after getting used to my truck (05 XL) it's no wonder you guys thought that i was on crack for wanting to go to a 3.42 gear.
I love this damn truck, it pulls my 3800# car on a steel trailer effortlessly, merging onto a HWY is no problem, and MPG aren't that bad as long as i remember that i am driving a heavy truck, Which btw is hard to remember since it drives so damn good.
Lucky for me that i procrastinate about everything and i kept putting this stupidity off. Otherwise i would have fuckedup this truck big time. Put it like this I love the combo so much that i have been shopping around for a newer truck and i keep asking to look at the rpo sticker looking for the code for the GT5 code. No code onto the next truck.