99 Tahoe Transformation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
still comin together well as always. have you gotten to the interior enclosures yet?

OP
OP
WH0DAMAN

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still comin together well as always. have you gotten to the interior enclosures yet?

I have the rear one layed out but not put together yet. I have been beyond busy the last couple of weeks so I am hoping life slows down a bit this week so I can get them done.

OP
OP
WH0DAMAN

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how come you didnt smooth the door handles?

It crossed my mind but I had to draw the line somewhere. I just replaced the textured black handles with smooth black painted ones. Basically, I'm just lazy :gr_grin:

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bitchen TRUCK! BUMP FOR A BBB HOE!

Why an esky rear bumper? Why not roll pan it? Did you do it just for the Ground Effects?

Also...your interior...how many different colors is it with the Escy seats and panels?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep my updated on the LED TAIL LIGHTS. I think they would compliment our truck well since they come stock with OEM third brake light. Add a LED light bar with tails and thats pure sex! Where did you get them...mind sharing how much they set you back...

Jason

OP
OP
WH0DAMAN

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bitchen TRUCK! BUMP FOR A BBB HOE!

Why an esky rear bumper? Why not roll pan it? Did you do it just for the Ground Effects?

Also...your interior...how many different colors is it with the Escy seats and panels?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep my updated on the LED TAIL LIGHTS. I think they would compliment our truck well since they come stock with OEM third brake light. Add a LED light bar with tails and thats pure sex! Where did you get them...mind sharing how much they set you back...

Jason

I still wanted a rear bumper. With the roll pan you have to cut the frame horns off the end and you are forced to buy the hidden hitch. Witch means no spare tire. I still need to be able to tow. The esky bumper covers most of the trailer hitch and gives me a painted bumper cover.

There are only two colors in the interior. The factory tan and the light beige leather and center console. Thats what is nice about doing an escalade interior switch because the carpet, dash and body panel trim is all the chevy tan. The Escalade door trim panels even have the chevy tan carpet on the bottom.

I got the LED tails from Sport Truck Direct. I think they were around $180. I then had my tint guy tint them. They used tint that is specific for this application so it will not fade with the UV.

I think the 3rd brake light is already LED if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the complements! Now I just have to finish this thing!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry If I wasn't clear...LEDs all the way is sexy. From the OEM 3rd brake light, tails and Light Bar (if you get it). What kid of warranty did you get with the lights. If one goes out, its just annoying. I saw SUV the other day with aftermarket LED lights and almost half othem were out.

Ahhh, I thought your interior was grey to start off! LUCKY SOB!

OP
OP
WH0DAMAN

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember what the warranty was. I'll have to check at work tomorrow.

I get what you mean with the light bar now. That would look pretty sexy. Right now exhaust and engine tuning are in front of it so it will just have to wait :happy160:

OP
OP
WH0DAMAN

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally finished this thing...kind of. I am still waiting for the billet grille for the bumper and the quarter panel ground effects. I also have not decided if I want to go with flares or not. Still up in the air. The truck was clean this morning but we had a rain storm come through so it got a bit water spotty. You have to love black! Anyway, here is what it is looking like right now.

Attachments

• DSC06584.jpg
    DSC06584.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC06585.jpg
    DSC06585.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC06586.jpg
    DSC06586.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC06587.jpg
    DSC06587.jpg