98 tahoe blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98hoe99sub

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lokking to find some links for pics or video of changing out a hvac blower motor on a 98 tahoe. No luck with google for that year. Any help would be appreciated.

grapehugger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great install information!
But I need to know where to find a replacement motor.
Can't find anything to replace the blower on my 2000 Tahoe Z71, built on old body style.
New to finding replacement anything on my Tahoe. First time to fix anything major on it since buying it in 2009.
Fixed a couple minor engine items by looking up 1999 models.
Can someone explain what I need to look for when looking for replacement parts on the 2000 Tahoe Z71. I understand that it was built on 1999 OBS, specs that year.
I am confused!! HELP!!
Thanks!:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my blower motor at NAPA. It took about 30 minutes I think to change it, really easy to do.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
I'm with bowtiefreak - changing the blower motor is very straight forward - nothing near as complicated as the diagram that was posted. As best as I can remember, the steps I took are listed below:
  1. Open and remove the glove box - easier access.
  2. Remove the blower motor cover (if referencing the link, take a look at the first diagram - lower right-hand side)
  3. Disconnect the blower wiring and remove the old blower
  4. Install is reverse of removal

30m in and out...

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did mine, the new blower didn't have the little round metal guides for the bolts. I had to remove them from the old blower to reuse in the new blower.

And how did you guys get the cover back on? Mine is still in the back of the truck. I wrestled with it and lost. :(

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Can't find anything to replace the blower on my 2000 Tahoe Z71, built on old body style.
New to finding replacement anything on my Tahoe. First time to fix anything major on it since buying it in 2009.
Can someone explain what I need to look for when looking for replacement parts on the 2000 Tahoe Z71. I understand that it was built on 1999 OBS, specs that year.
I am confused!! HELP!!
Thanks!:

I'm no expert, but I think you already nailed it. Just keep asking for 99 parts.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I am confused!! HELP!!
Thanks!:

Take your old motor or olther parts with you to parts store and have them look up 1999 and 2000 to compare to.

grapehugger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
Actually hubby had the motor out last week & to the parts stores.
About 15 minutes to get it out.
Couldn't find a match for it, so he put it back in without the cover ('cause it's COLD here in Indiana) so I could be comfortable driving it this week.
It has been intermittently not working since September - when you least expect it & need it most. He figures it is the brushes.
Will remove it again when it warms up enough & take it to NAPA to match.
Will keep in mind about the little round metal guides for the bolts changeover to the new one. (thanks 99Yuk!)
Wish me luck!!
Thanks again!
Grapehugger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts