97 tahoe selling price suggested?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i might end up selling my 97 in a few more weeks wondering what would be a fair price. i know some of the stuff on my truck shouldn't really effect my selling price but i dont want to have wasted all that time. so here is some of the maintenance items/ upgrades that are on the truck.
upgrades
k&n intake
pacesetter headers
diy cat back exhaust
fiberglass ram air hood(along with original hood)
17" rims in good condition with good tires
powerstop hd front brake uograde.
aftermarket radio (installed for aux jack)
maintenance items
new distributor
valve covers sealed
rear main seal replaced
both from wheel bearings(timken)
new wiper motor
battery replaced last year
upgraded to the pmgr starter
replaced hvac controls
replaced 4x4 selector switch
upgraded to the electronic front actuator

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its also a southern truck so the frame is rock solid and all the panels have no rust holes or anything starting to rust through. or any rust really except i never got around to dealing with the roof but its just surface crap just needs to be sanded and sprayed. outside of that everything is fully functioning except the a/c which i have most of the parts to fix it. i still like my truck but going to get some extra cash soon and ive really been debating on getting the 01-06 model.
oh i also forgot 156k on the clock and i also forgot 1 maintenance item. i also replaced the y pipe and 2 of the o2 sensors.

mykdee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pics of interior and exterior would help with price. Also what mileage. Out here in Arizona the condition of interior & exterior play a huge part in value!

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
posted mileage in my second post to correct my oopsed button click. anyway 156k
i dont have any pics at the moment but the interior isnt too bad except the driver seat. leather interior power everything. rear seats are perfect carpet is not damaged or terrible but its obvious of its age. driver seat split at the seam near the door. passenger seat is not damaged but i didn't get the truck soon enough to save all the leather. i did manage to save the rear seats and soften the leather back up with a good leather cleaner conditioner. and i have the rear cargo shade. so front seats could use a seat cover or a replacement. my original goal was to just replace them.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well after searching around for a while and and wasting hours looking at junk people think is worth top dollar.... my 97 was in better shape than most of them anyway. im probably just going to use the money we had planned to buy a different suv and dump it back into my tahoe. so ill be posting some new questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman