97 tahoe brake prob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe24824

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Every once in a while when braking I get this pulsation with a vacuum sound, and takes a further distance to stop. The pedal is not hard, there are no codes, no air in the system. Can the booster start to go and not make the pedal hard? mechanic suggested abs module, but no codes, any suggestions?

chevyguy3766

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine is doing the exact same thing...when i have to slam on brakes i hear like a vacum sound and the truck is not stoppin like it should...just started about 3 days ago..goin to get it checked out soon..let me know if you find out anything

OP
OP
T

Tahoe24824

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mines been doin it 4 a while now and have a couple stumped mechanics so let me know what you find out

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
i also have a same problem but it only shows up once or twice a week..rest of the time it isnt there..i bought SS brake lines but havent got them on yet.i thought i may have had a air bubble in my brake line and would go away after new line install..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhinson