96 Tahoe, codes 0172 and 0175

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says, throwing two codes on my '96, banks 1 and 2 are running too rich. Recently installed a BlackBear tune with the EGR delete (my headers don't have an EGR provision), and a rear O2 sensor delete. Put in new O2 sensors in the front in June, shortly after I had the new engine dropped in (with the headers at the same time). Had a new FI spider swapped in last summer on the old engine, had the whole intake swapped onto the new engine.

Any thoughts, could the O2 sensors have gone bad already?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You would have to monitor the O2 sensor outputs to see the behavior they have to determine if they are bad but I think you need to have blackbear review your tune and make sure they are aware of any change from stock made on your vehicle.

OP
OP
BigDaddy13440

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would have to monitor the O2 sensor outputs to see the behavior they have to determine if they are bad but I think you need to have blackbear review your tune and make sure they are aware of any change from stock made on your vehicle.

I specifically ordered the tune to delete the rear O2's, the EGR, and to have the speedo recalibrated for some 275/65/20 tires.

Now that you mention it, I did request that they set it for a CAI, which I don't yet have.... I suppose that would trigger the rich condition, as it's not yet getting enough air?