8-High MOD - HEADLIGHTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have done it backwards. I definitely blew the relay. the diode also melted in two!!
I am also not sure of the correct diodes to use.... and which pins to place them in to get the power to be constant

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have done it backwards. I definitely blew the relay. the diode also melted in two!!
I am also not sure of the correct diodes to use.... and which pins to place them in to get the power to be constant

What year is your Kon?

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a 2000 as well, For my four high all i did was ground a wire so that the lows stay on with the highs. Will your fog mod keep the fogs on all the time?

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a 2000 as well, For my four high all i did was ground a wire so that the lows stay on with the highs. Will your fog mod keep the fogs on all the time?

Whenever your yellow marker lights are on, so when the lows come on so do the fogs and when the brights come on the lows and fogs stay on. It's a piece o' cake to do

Dalton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just did the 4 high on my '03 (i dont have fogs) i tried to jump pin 85 from the low beam relay to pin 85 on the dtrl relay and it didn't work, which pins do i need to jump to get my dtrls to come on with my low beams?

tucsonlocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all those extra lights in front it looks like you could be the first to do the 12 high mod. It would look like a freight train coming!! LOL..

Dalton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
figured it out, same old pin 85 to pin 85 for the dtrls to come on with the lows. i just had the diode in backwards (soldered them to wire leads and covered with heatshrink didnt mark the silver bands direction)

IMG_3620.gif

IMG_3618.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tessacummins12

Latest posts