60,000 mile service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ts0293

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2013 6.2L 6-speed with 55,000 miles (RWD). Was in the dealer last week for some warranty work and was advised strongly to come back for “60,000 mile service” consisting of trans fluid, filter, brake fluid flush, and transaxle drain and refill. Doesn’t show on maintenance schedule.

Opinions on need and advisability?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some people wait until 100k to do most of that, I personally would do it. based on need I would say brake flush first, trans flush second, transaxle third. I like do to all of those annually as a matter of habit I don't drive 60k a year though either. If you are within some type of warranty program you will need to show you have performed the recommended maintenance if they request it for warranty work should something happen to break. (that's all in the fine print)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 2013 6.2L 6-speed with 55,000 miles (RWD). Was in the dealer last week for some warranty work and was advised strongly to come back for “60,000 mile service” consisting of trans fluid, filter, brake fluid flush, and transaxle drain and refill. Doesn’t show on maintenance schedule.

Opinions on need and advisability?

None of those items are due at 60K miles but they are due at 45K under severe service, except brake fluid. GM also advises to change your radiator fluid every 5 years or 150k miles.

You don't have a transaxle, those are for front wheel drive cars. You do have a rear differential. The trucks run best and longest with clean fluids in them.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming warranty is past? If not check that. Btw what do you drive? Most 6.2 are in all-wheel drive except some trucks. As mentioned sb done at 45k. Can you verify in maintenance log book? Best of luck.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Generally your drive train warr is 5 years 100k. If you have not hit that 5 year mark get it to an indie tech w/ a tech II and have EVERYTHING scanned and let the dealer run with it.

If it breaks after it threw a code, guess who is likely to fix it? Not you because an indie verified the dealer muffed up.

The recommendation for fluid changes is just that. Does the service writer think you tow or go extreme? Strange. I can say that sealed gearboxes love fluid changes with oem oil products. Follow the oem schedule and DO NOT allow the service writer to document bull puhcky like “customer refused recommend maintenance” if your schedule and driving habits states the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

ts0293

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m assuming warranty is past? If not check that. Btw what do you drive? Most 6.2 are in all-wheel drive except some trucks. As mentioned sb done at 45k. Can you verify in maintenance log book? Best of luck.

Its a 2WD esky under CPO B2B until Sept 2019 or 70,000 miles. Have an Ally plan after that to 90,000 miles. No towing or other severe use.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I did the same when I bought my 07 about the same age and mileage in 2011. All the more reason to document. Aftermarket warranties require documentation. Find a good ASE indie and document what’s done since you bought it. Show some pics of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu