6.0 Engine Swap, GM Motor mounts 15226255 vs 25828247

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing both motor mounts on an 04 Tahoe that I'm swapping in a 6.0 lq9. Rockauto is showing different GM part #'s for motor mounts for an '05 Cadillac Escalade vs. the '04 Chevy Tahoe. 15226255(Pink) or 25828247 (Red)...not sure what the color mention is about?
Are there differences and what are they between these two GM part #'s for motor mounts that I would've thought to be the same? Same Gen 3 based engine and same GMT800 chassis.

Dovetail on this question, are 07+ GMT900 motor mounts same/interchangeable/useable on 00-06 GMT800 vehicle?

Need to source a set of motor mounts this week to keep the swap moving forward. 5.3 is just about in long block form in the engine bay, pulled intake-front accessories-wire harness, and going to attempt slipping the long block out of the bay with wire harness tied up, A/C compressor pushed aside, Alt/Power Steering pushed aside, and water pump removed.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I went from a 4.8 to a 6.0, and the stock style 4.8 motor mounts worked fine--for my application.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The differences is the material used in the mount itself. The red and pink refer to that specific material. Does one absorb energy (rotational engine from torque), I dont know. But thats what the colors refer to.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. That's interesting about the color differences specifying different material in the mount. Dimensionally they are all the same though?

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a tip.. somewhere buried in this site they talk about using mounts from a hummer because they’re less prone to failure. I could be wrong for this year but it’s definitely mentioned somewhere for those who have engine mount failure that the hummer ones are pretty solid.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a tip.. somewhere buried in this site they talk about using mounts from a hummer because they’re less prone to failure. I could be wrong for this year but it’s definitely mentioned somewhere for those who have engine mount failure that the hummer ones are pretty solid.
I've read bits and pieces about that, but haven't been able to nail down if it only applies to 07+ vehicles or if it's also for 01-06's. Also been trying to figure out if the 07+ motor mount is the same as the 01-06 or if there are frame differences. Thanks for the tip.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if you look at rock auto the mounts for the hummer h2 are the same part number as a 04 Tahoe as far as the aftermarket brands. If you go with the gm original the part# is different but labeled orange.

Hopefully someone else can chime in and confirm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt