4L60E Where should I buy one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikey62

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been searching around and I can't seem to find much by way of reviews on some of the companies that rebuild and sell transmissions online. I need a new transmission for my 95 4WD Yukon, and would like to get something that will last another 211K like the first one did. So far I am considering buy a Level Ten stage one off ebay for $1,095 delivered. Not bad as the quote I got to rebuild my current one was 1K-1.8K with me pulling it and replacing it! I also have a general estimate from the local JASPER dealer that they can get me one for $1,700ish. Any other companies I should consider? Advice or Experiences?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0443926362&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks,

mdiacont322

Reaction score
MONSTER TRANSMISSION is pretty much top of the line. If you buy a transmission from them and a converter they will give you a 3 year unlimited mile warranty. also, SHIPPING IS FREE!!!

They have three models of the 4L60E-
MILD: $1025
HEAVY DUTY: $1325
SUPER SPORT: $1525 (they only have 2WD listed online, but I emailed them and they can build a 4WD for the same price)

CONVERTERS: run $250 and up depending on the stall you are looking for.

Hope this helps, as I am searching for a trans also. I will most likely buy my next one from these guys.

Mike

OP
OP
M

Mikey62

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Mike,

I'm looking at them now.

Last edited:

mdiacont322

Reaction score
Ive never heard of level 10... is it a performance trans or stock rebuild?

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Just picked up a 4L80E Mega Monster from them with 1800-2000 stall. Very impressed, haven't got it in the hoe yet though.

OP
OP
M

Mikey62

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive never heard of level 10... is it a performance trans or stock rebuild?

It's a stock + kind of configuration that many shops offer, basically building the 4L60e that GM should have built. The information is in the ebay add. The funny thing is when you google level 10 transmissions there appears to be multiple companies that go by that name. Makes it tough to figure out whats what, and whos who.

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
Monster Transmission. Customer service, when I dealt with them, was out of this world. If you don't want to buy a whole transmission you can get one of their Monster in a Box kits and rebuild/beef up your transmission your self.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo