4-corner steam port setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion for a 4-corner steam port kit? I'm looking for something that will fit my 6.2L in stock configuration. I searched and found a thread discussing this, and one fellow mentioned that his 2000 Sierra 5.3 had a factory 4-corner setup. Does anyone know about that or whether it would fit the 6.2? Thanks.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked into it too on my 6.2.
It's pretty hard with the way the intake and components are configured
I've also found that in a stock type set up it's not really needed in the Gen 4 engines
like it was in the gen 3 engines.
I have not done it for this reason.. With my supercharger it would have been impossible
to fit ... When I went back to the stock intake manifold I "tried" doing it... but was going
to be a real PITA and not really that beneficial.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My heads (afr) came with both sides drilled for the 4 corner steam ports.

So i looked Into it since i had open holes at the back.

What i found,
those are really for cars like vettes and camaros where the engine will be mounted more "flat".

Where trucks ngine is at an angle, front of the engine is at the highest pointSo in a truck it's not needed, and no real benefit.

Then the pita part where you need to figure out how to route the pipes.

I did find an AN kit, where i could make braded ss lines or bend them how i want.

Cheaper to buy a block off... lol

OP
OP
Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, Foggy and Just Fishing. I gather that the air pockets on the back sides of the heads are not a problem with these engines? If not, I'll just not bother with it. Thanks, again, for the replies.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, Foggy and Just Fishing. I gather that the air pockets on the back sides of the heads are not a problem with these engines? If not, I'll just not bother with it. Thanks, again, for the replies.
I wouldn't bother with it.. They are plugged from the factory.. If you are not changing
your whole configuration, it's a waste of time to screw with it... Now on
my Corvette, I did put a 4 corner system on it when I went to a diff intake manifold
several years ago..LS1

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one on my built 6.2 and I'm using the stock intake. I had to notch 3 very small areas of the webbing under the intake for the tubing. I'm running aftermarket prc heads from Texas Speed, I felt it necessary to keep everything cool :)

IMG_20210118_094543.jpgIMG_20210118_094554.jpg

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it :peace: . Good to know. Thanks

I usually did an similar external mod from the back of each head where the water jacket meets the intake manifold, I'd drill it and tap it there, then run lines up to the thermostat housing on my BBC drag race engines .

I've seen similar mods to oil systems for various makes of drag race engines to improve oiling.