3rd row seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dans99

Reaction score
If I was to get a tahoe/yukon that DID NOT come with 3rd row seating from the factory can I add a 3rd seat? or what would be involved in making it work?...Thanks

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
as long as the mounting feet are in the back it should lock in place. if not youd have to add those brackets.

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ +1 There has to be brackets (which look like little bars in the floor) to add the third row. If it didn't come from the factory with a third row, then I doubt it has the mounting brackets in place

08GMCdenalicargo.jpg

This is a nnbs yukon xl i believe, but you can see the mounting points where the third row would go. Thats basically the same set up as nbs third row mounting points.

OP
OP
D

dans99

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I thinkl ill just look for one that already has the 3rd row in it to save myself the hassel. It seems harder to find one with 3rd row then not.

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shorties are a little harder to find with the third row. My buddy had a denali with the third row but that's the only one I've seen. The XL has it :)

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The middle row has a 60/40 split with an arm rest...it folds from small seat for access to the 3rd row. Check to see if your seat(s) fold down to gain access to the rear. I think they all come with the holes drilled in the body, just might not have the mounting brackes. Check under the carpet - you could cut the carpet for the holes and use a heat gun to mold the carpet down into the depressions if I remember correctly.

I actually have a 3rd row (with mounting brackets) an brand new black leather that will be for sale soon...I just don't want it in my truck.

B

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I've got the 3rd row in the Denali, but there's not much space behind them for storage. Half the time they are either flipped forward out of the way or completely removed from the vehicle. Very rarely do I actually use them for seating people, though.

OP
OP
D

dans99

Reaction score
I acually need the 3rd seat..haha. Ill be getting it for wife and 2 boys. I have a 99 obs right now, but thats my daily driver. The XL/burb would be a little big for her. so when I check them out ill see if there are brackets or maybe ill get lucky ans find one with them in it.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dan, if I am not mistaken the 3rd row got a LOT more popular in 03 04.
If you are looking at earlier trucks (or z71s) that may be why.

it was $250 to add the liftgate to an LS trim truck, and that was required for the PDP option so it didn't get really popular until 02 or 03.

All LTs were then liftgate standard + PDP standard.

Liftgate finally became platform standard in 05, but many loaded LS 03-04 I looked at had the 3rd row (or used to have it).

Z71s didn't get 3rd row option until 04.

OP
OP
D

dans99

Reaction score
Good info Eagle...Thanks..I have been looking at 2001 to 03's just cause those yrs. were in my price range. I started to see more 2002's with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv