3rd Row GM Floor Liner Doesn’t Fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssmetko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Z71 Tahoe and ordered the GM floor liners for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and cargo area. Extremely happy with the front row… 2nd row looks good but the “connectors” sometimes come undone after kids pile in and out … 3rd row is HORRIBLE. It comes in three pieces (probably for ease of shipping) and the “connectors” are also prone to coming undone… that would be annoying by itself; however, the biggest problem is that the third row liner appears to be about an inch too wide for my third row, so it is next to impossible to even fit them back there all connected… and if I do manage to get the three pieces connected at the same time, then they come undone and move all over the place as soon as anyone steps on them. Terrible… can’t imagine this is what GM had in mind… does anyone else have this fitment issue? Is it possible that the 2022’s 3rd row is slightly narrower than the 2021’s and the floor liners I got were for 2021’s?

Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated!

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed 2nd/3rd/cargo liners yesterday (still waiting on front row to come in and I ordered 2 days earlier)

the 3rd row definitely doesn’t fit as well as 2nd row, the sides don’t seem to stay clipped and still sit flat.

Personally I keep 3rd row folded all the time, and just got the liners so it would fill the gap between the captain chairs.

My gripe is the cargo liner, doesn’t have the best fitment even compared to my Acadia cargo liner.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
I am hoping receiver my '22 RST soon and hope the third row fits nicely. I will post back when I can.

I wanted the all weather liners, but didn't order when I placed the order for the vehicle because I didn't want that to slow down the order.

Can you take a picture of the liners that come with the vehicle without changing to all weather liners?

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine, the drivers side 3rd row mat doesn’t sit flat/down and if I force it, it unsnaps the middle tabs. That’s the stock photo from GMC accessories website so of course it looks great

Attachments

• 8F49630D-DFD2-423A-8FE8-5C336F21F70A.jpeg
    8F49630D-DFD2-423A-8FE8-5C336F21F70A.jpeg
    715.4 KB · Views: 35

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Realizing floor liners are slightly constrained at the moment: They are covered under a warranty (12 mo, or the balance of the bumper to bumper warranty period on the vehicle they were installed on, according to the accessories web site). May want to address w/ your dealer and see if you can get a replacement. An option might be to heat the material w/ a heat gun or hair drier and see if you can get it to flatten out a bit.

OP
OP
S

ssmetko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On mine, the drivers side 3rd row mat doesn’t sit flat/down and if I force it, it unsnaps the middle tabs. That’s the stock photo from GMC accessories website so of course it looks great
That sounds similar to my issue. Do you have a Tahoe/Yukon or Suburban/Yukon XL?

OP
OP
S

ssmetko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ll get a better picture later, but this is what happens without even stepping on it or anything… the pressure of the area being too narrow for the width of the fully assembled mats causes them to come disconnected.

Attachments

• C86BFDF5-3D8F-4DB0-AA3B-546B35690141.jpeg
    C86BFDF5-3D8F-4DB0-AA3B-546B35690141.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
S

ssmetko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am hoping receiver my '22 RST soon and hope the third row fits nicely. I will post back when I can.

I wanted the all weather liners, but didn't order when I placed the order for the vehicle because I didn't want that to slow down the order.

Can you take a picture of the liners that come with the vehicle without changing to all weather liners?
It comes with cheapy second row floor mats that slide around EVERYWHERE… but it comes with nothing at all for the pass through area between the captains chairs or the third row. I had the vehicle for 2 weeks before the liners came in and the floor carpet shed like crazy (big balls of carpet fuzz) from my kids getting in and out of the third row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia