2nd row seating - bench vs Captain's chairs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scot Rasor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm about to buy a 2015-2016 Suburban/Yukon XL and the 2nd row seating set up is posing a problem. In my Ford Expeditions I have always let my dog(s) have the backseat for their own (no kids) and carried my tools and other gear in the cargo area. I have noticed that the Tahoe / Yukon comes with a 2nd row bench or a set of captain's chairs and the models I'm looking at, Denali and LTZ, almost always have Captain's chairs. I don't want to limit my search to only those vehicles that have a bench. Does anyone here know if there's a product available to fill the gap between the bottom AND sides of the captain's chairs. I could buy a bench set up on eBay and swap out the cap chairs, but that's an expense I can't afford.

I need to have the upper part of the gap closed off and not just the seat portion. I googled for a half an hour this morning and didn't find anything, but I might have been using the wrong terms to describe what I wanted.

Also, are there any issues with the '15 or '16 model year vehicles that I should be aware of or look for?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and input. I look forward to being a part of the Tahoe/Yukon online community.

Scot

OP
OP
S

Scot Rasor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After I posted that message, immediately after joining, I searched the site and saw the discussion about using a jump seat from the Silverado. If that's the only solution it's what I'm going to do, but I'd rather find something less expensive.

Thanks again for your time.

Scot

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
After I posted that message, immediately after joining, I searched the site and saw the discussion about using a jump seat from the Silverado. If that's the only solution it's what I'm going to do, but I'd rather find something less expensive.

Thanks again for your time.

Scot

The other solution is to swap out the captain seats for a bench seat with another TYF member. I have seen several posts on the classifieds on this same issue and most of the time each party pays it's own shipping. The bad thing is that it takes time to find that other member that is willing to do the swap on suburban/ yukon xls. Tahoes and short yukons are more common.

Eddie Rivera

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a 2015-2016 Suburban/Yukon XL and the 2nd row seating set up is posing a problem. In my Ford Expeditions I have always let my dog(s) have the backseat for their own (no kids) and carried my tools and other gear in the cargo area. I have noticed that the Tahoe / Yukon comes with a 2nd row bench or a set of captain's chairs and the models I'm looking at, Denali and LTZ, almost always have Captain's chairs. I don't want to limit my search to only those vehicles that have a bench. Does anyone here know if there's a product available to fill the gap between the bottom AND sides of the captain's chairs. I could buy a bench set up on eBay and swap out the cap chairs, but that's an expense I can't afford.

I need to have the upper part of the gap closed off and not just the seat portion. I googled for a half an hour this morning and didn't find anything, but I might have been using the wrong terms to describe what I wanted.

Also, are there any issues with the '15 or '16 model year vehicles that I should be aware of or look for?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and input. I look forward to being a part of the Tahoe/Yukon online community.

Scot
What state are you in? I have a 2016 Suburban with an immaculate 2nd row seat in black. If you end up getting captains seats, I would be willing to trade if you are nearby.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have other adults ride with you? If so, the buckets are much more comfortable. We put our dogs bed between the two captains and is really happy. A win/win.

Kellen98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Scot
Hey Scot, im new on here as well. I have a 2015 tahoe LT with black leather bench seat. id totally be down to trade with you. my seats are in perfect condition

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Scot
I'm in Tampa Bay, have 2017 bench in black, like new - no kids/pets/smoking , I'd be interested in swapping for captain's chairs

SteveoTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My opinion..when I bought mine I had to have the rear buckets. My kids love them. For myself, I really wish I had a bench. Reason for me is I want to remove my 3rd row . I also miss having a backstop all the way across. Also provides a flat surface all the way across when I put stuff in the back. I’d trade for a heated rear bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy