2nd row floor mats move too much

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have less than 1k on my 2022 Z71. I notice the 2nd row floor mats are terrible at holding their position. Are there better mats that stay put?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the Chevrolet floor liners in my first and second row…no issues that I’ve observed. My kids climb in and out if the 2nd row all the time so I’d notice if there was movement there.

Related to the Chevy cargo liner, the last portion that covers the fold up part in the back (next to where the rear hatch closes) sucks. That’s held down by Velcro stick-on things and the adhesive doesn’t bind to the carpet. I might try some double-sided carpet tape to help old those down. Maybe that’s a solution for your 2nd row mats???

gatorz5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have less than 1k on my 2022 Z71. I notice the 2nd row floor mats are terrible at holding their position. Are there better mats that stay put?
I have 2015 Tahoe and 20018 Sierra. Experienced the same on both. It’s it now standard for me to buy weathertech floor mats after we buy new vehicles. They stay put.

like2detail

Reaction score
Yep, they are terrible. It's a shame too because I really like the look of the carpet mats. I got the OEM GM liners and zip tied them together. Even they move all over the place and come apart at the joints. The cargo mat is awful too, the velcro doesn't hold at all. I did get some better velcro from amazon and it's okay. One forum member used snaps and it sounds like that's the way to go for the 3rd row.

ddivinia

Reaction score
The cargo one covers the handle to pull up the cargo area. Seems kinda dumb to me. Why not put a cut out for the handle?

D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klis