'23 HC 'burb headlights & wipers cut off while driving, 2 full seconds.. FRIGHTFUL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hence the class action suit...
No link ? Or? There's class action suits for tons of stuff.

Lemme guess? You drive one of the old ones and are convinced it's made of Gold?

Edit:

Found this for the older generation. https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2022/01/gm-transmission-class-action-lawsuit-officially-filed/

Those are the ones i came up with a quick Google search.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it happen Friday night during a snowstorm, and it lasted less than a second, i thought i was imagining things. Was running the wipers and they froze in upper location and headlights and dash lights all went out for same moment of time. Was weird thats for sure. I will need to do the link also now that i know i didnt imagine it.
Thankfully I'm not the only one.. what vehicle & year were you driving ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to my local Chevy dealer and spoke at length with the service advisor. He performed some basic OBD II tests which did not show any faults, of course I showed him that first via my MyChevy app.

Their service dept is running 2 weeks out and claims they have more sophisticated diagnostics equipment in the back and will get GM techs on the phone at the same time. Darn, I forgot to ask him who pays.

I will go out of my way and drive it some more during the night and especially when raining to see if I can replicate the conditions for "the blackout" to occur.. again.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not insane. They sell hundreds of thousands of these vehicles every year and less then 1% have issues lol.

The new platform is much more reliable then the old ones. But the spotlight has shifted.
I've had two 2021 Yukons; first was a lemon and 2nd one is better. The 2nd still has issues. Just yesterday it sat at the dealer for washer fluid front/rear inop (pump on order), broken oil fill nozzle, headliner retaining clips not retaining and a binding center captains chair rail/track. There's been more, but nothing like the 1st. Hasn't left me stranded or without headlights thank God. But, driving with no washer fluid sucks *ss in sloppy winter conditions!

I use to buy a new vehicle every year and hands down these have been more problematic than anything else I've owned. 1% seems a little low to me.

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use to buy a new vehicle every year and hands down these have been more problematic than anything else I've owned. 1% seems a little low to me.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Folks were fairly stressed out over the Covid pandemic and surely many GM employees too, so I get why some 2020, 21 and early 22 Arlington-assembled cars could've received less attention to detail than needed, and a big reason I only wanted a '23 model.. so imagine my surprise Sunday night with my 2 second blackout, LOL

Last edited:

NT Automotive

Reaction score
Check your fuses too. Make sure none are loose. Sounds like your issue happened during a turn so maybe it is a lose or dirty battery connection or ground connection.

Or it might need new headlight module.

Micro chip quality also went way down the last 2-3 years so keep that in mind

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your fuses too. Make sure none are loose. Sounds like your issue happened during a turn so maybe it is a lose or dirty battery connection or ground connection.
Thanks :thumbsup: I plan on giving it a thorough check, ground straps, fuses and the power block located on top of the battery. Gave under the hood a 3 minute look-see while at the dealer yesterday but with only 800 miles nothing is dirty or damp.

Was cruising a rural county road at 51-53 MPH and just about to enter a curve.. wipers cut out too.

I'm not yet convinced that it wasn't some bad OnStar behavior.. coincidence is a funny thing.