22 Tahoe RST could be available - My loss could be your gain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
sold a 2021 Yukon AT4 this past week, premium plus package with 44k miles (sticker was $75k)
carvana $60.5k
carmax wouldn't give me a value without them looking at it and closest one is 3 hrs away
KBB instant cash offer $66k
dealer trade in offer was $60k (i questioned this even though it was in line with carvana - almost like they didn't look it up right)
sold it to another local dealer for $68k

That’s incredible for you!

Dealer probably can sell it for MSRP…which is crazy considering it’s a ‘21 with 44k miles. But that’s the environment we live in!

Edit* holy moly they listed it for $81k?!?!?!?!?!?!

Crazy!

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s incredible for you!

Dealer probably can sell it for MSRP…which is crazy considering it’s a ‘21 with 44k miles. But that’s the environment we live in!

Edit* holy moly they listed it for $81k?!?!?!?!?!?!

Crazy!
yep - my guess is someone will come along and offer in the mid-upper 70s

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SpartanTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Within the past couple months I've sold two vehicles...my situation is slightly different than most as our state allows a private sale to offset the sales tax on a new vehicle...but here are my experiences

2016 Ram 3500 - 75k miles
carmax 42k
carvana 36k
KBB instant cash offer $42.5k
dealer offer 39k on trade in
put it on FB marketplace - had a ton of offers, a lot of lowball offers from individuals, several smaller used car dealers offered $44k and sold it to a larger used car dealer for 45k - he advertised it for $48.5k and it was sold in two days

sold a 2021 Yukon AT4 this past week, premium plus package with 44k miles (sticker was $75k)
carvana $60.5k
carmax wouldn't give me a value without them looking at it and closest one is 3 hrs away
KBB instant cash offer $66k
dealer trade in offer was $60k (i questioned this even though it was in line with carvana - almost like they didn't look it up right)
sold it to another local dealer for $68k

Most dealers have a place on their website now where you can submit your vehicle's info online and in a couple minutes you have an offer...I've noticed that most of these are in line with the KBB instant cash offer...guessing they are using the same platform. You could hit 4-5 websites in less than 15 minutes and have several different offers to consider.

If you have a carmax/carvana close by where you could take the vehicle to them and get "paid" immediately that would be a good option if the offer is respectable. I've heard minor issues from people selling to the services that pick up the cars (carvana/Vroom)...main concern was that it wasn't quick enough...up to 3 week delays.

Sold the Yukon to a larger dealer that has multiple dealerships in our area and they had created a website specifically for buying vehicles...meaning it wasn't tied to their Ford or GM dealership. Their initial online quote was $66.2k...I called them up and simply asked if they ever offer more than what is quoted online, after a couple of back and forth (of course sending pics) they offered $68k for our headache of a Yukon....it's now listed on their website at $81k---the cheapest we could find a similar advertised Yukon (miles/options) was $74k

Doesn't cost you anything other than 15-20 minutes to try several of the online services to get a quote and also test out a few dealerships
Where are you located?

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my 21’ Yukon Denali with every option but rear entertainment (and no external lighting add-ons) with 19,996 miles to a dealer in Minneapolis for $82,500! Window sticker was $81,455 when I ordered it new a year before I sold it. It has languished on their website listed at “retail $89k; dealer discount $85k; finance with us and trade a vehicle, $83,500.” Then yesterday, they dropped the price to $82,995 with still the stipulation you must trade and finance with them.

I see the market cooling significantly in my area and even more-so in MI. My 22’ with which I replaced the 21’ was purchased in my hometown of MI as they’re the only dealer I found to sell at GM Employee family pricing (for which I qualify). They said they would offer me significantly less on my 21’ as the inventory in MI is no where near as low as the rest of the country, and they were right: The MN dealer offered me way more due to scarcity of supply here.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my 21’ Yukon Denali with every option but rear entertainment (and no external lighting add-ons) with 19,996 miles to a dealer in Minneapolis for $82,500! Window sticker was $81,455 when I ordered it new a year before I sold it. It has languished on their website listed at “retail $89k; dealer discount $85k; finance with us and trade a vehicle, $83,500.” Then yesterday, they dropped the price to $82,995 with still the stipulation you must trade and finance with them.

I see the market cooling significantly in my area and even more-so in MI. My 22’ with which I replaced the 21’ was purchased in my hometown of MI as they’re the only dealer I found to sell at GM Employee family pricing (for which I qualify). They said they would offer me significantly less on my 21’ as the inventory in MI is no where near as low as the rest of the country, and they were right: The MN dealer offered me way more due to scarcity of supply here.
Yeah Minneapolis was buzzing last summer/fall/winter however it does seem like the market is cooling slightly, but not much especially on new cars. I think the dealers trying pitch a used '21 with 20-30K miles on it for $10K over what it was worth new are mostly still sitting on those rigs. Most people saw through that highway robbery.

Same goes for my 2019 Tahoe RST I traded for the '22 Denali. I paid $60K for it brand new in 2019 when the 2020's were starting to hit the lot, drove it 2 years 8 months (28K miles) and traded it for $67K and paid MSRP on the new Denali. They listed it at $73K when they got it (sticker was $76K) and it is still sitting. They just dropped the price to $69,995. Had that been there last summer it would have sold for $73K in a couple days.

man n black

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@OP is the RST a 4x4 vehicle?

@all..we just looked at a 2021 Yukon AT4 5K miles on the ODO from a dealer. They are listing it at $81.5K, that's quite a bit more than we could place an order for a 2023 with the exact same options..

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carmax, vroom or Carvana are way better than a dealer to sell your car. Vroom would be my first choice, then carmax.

Just for reference to CarMax:

Took my 2016 BMW M5 there in Feb of this year and was offered $47k. Came back to sell it to them upon arrival of my AT4; 2 months later...offer then sunk to $42k (only factor was 500 more miles; industry DID NOT SINK lol)...very shady practices IMO. Took it to BMW (where I purchased it; second time customer there) and they offered me $46,500...and there she stayed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts