22 Tahoe RST could be available - My loss could be your gain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpartanTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 Chevy Tahoe RST in late March (ordered in January). I have had some life changes recently occur having to do with a house upgrade/purchase, and I may have to sell the Tahoe I just purchased. I would have to sell in late June or early July. Putting out some feelers as I know these are hard to come by at the moment. Would prefer to help someone on the board get one as opposed to listing for sale on Autotrader and Facebook. Here is what I have, and what I have done to it. Pic of window sticker is attached.

2022 Tahoe RST
Mileage: by the time I sell in late June or early July it will probably have 5k-6k miles on it
Engine: Diesel 3.0 (getting about 28 mpg on highway trips going 70-75mph, mixed use is about 22mpg)
Exterior: Black
Interior: Black leather
Luxury Pkg
2nd Row bucket seats
Max Trailering Pkg
Console mounted Safe
Heated Front and 2nd Row seats
Carpet and all-weather mats for front and 2nd rows

Options to be retrofitted later:
Heated Steering Wheel
Steering Column Lock
Front/Rear Park Assist

What I have done to it after purchasing:
Husky all weather mat for 3rd row
Husky cargo mat for rear (covers entire area with 3rd row folded down)
Installed LED bulbs in taillights for the turn signals and reverse lights
Tinted front passenger and driver windows to match rear
Tinted front blinkers along the front wheel wells (you can remove if not wanted)
Tinted rear taillights (you can remove if not wanted)
Installed aero skin on lead edge of hood to protect from stone chips
Replaced stock wheels with Black Rhino Kunene 22" wheels with +10 offset (I do not have the stock wheels)

Professional installed Belltech adjustable struts on front and rear to bring the height of the vehicle down approximately 2" front and back. I think this gives the car a much better stance and better handling. Also, it is easier to get in and out of. Slightly stiffer than stock suspension, but not much of a difference. I also have the stock struts if you want to return to stock ride and height.

Professionally ceramic coated by Ceramic Pro. Highest level of ceramic coating (Gold Package) with lifetime transferrable warranty; you can go to any Ceramic Pro franchise countrywide and have inspected annually to refresh the coating. Wheels and calipers are also ceramic coated to prevent brake dust from sticking to them.

MSRP was $67,970, and I have $5k+ in extras listed above.

Looking to sell for $68,000 with all extras included. If interested send a private message and I will keep you posted as this process progresses. Right now I am about 80% certain I will have to sell it.

I am located in Michigan BTW.

This is a tough decision as I absolutely love this vehicle. There is no better combination of space, utility, gas mileage out there in my opinion. However, having an opportunity to purchase my dream house overrides my need to keep this vehicle. Just really unfortunate timing.

tempImage7Lh2Jv.jpgtempImagem9jFgH.jpgtempImageLzVwEw.jpgtempImageWIbMh4.jpg

Last edited:

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 Chevy Tahoe RST in late March (ordered in January). I have had some life changes recently occur having to do with a house upgrade/purchase, and I may have to sell the Tahoe I just purchased. I would have to sell in late June or early July. Putting out some feelers as I know these are hard to come by at the moment. Would prefer to help someone on the board get one as opposed to listing for sale on Autotrader and Facebook. Here is what I have, and what I have done to it. Pic of window sticker is attached.

2022 Tahoe RST
Mileage: by the time I sell in late June or early July it will probably have 5k-6k miles on it
Engine: Diesel 3.0 (getting about 28 mpg on highway trips going 70-75mph, mixed use is about 22mpg)
Exterior: Black
Interior: Black leather
Luxury Pkg
2nd Row bucket seats
Max Trailering Pkg
Console mounted Safe
Heated Front and 2nd Row seats
Carpet and all-weather mats for front and 2nd rows

Options to be retrofitted later:
Heated Steering Wheel
Steering Column Lock
Front/Rear Park Assist

What I have done to it after purchasing:
Husky all weather mat for 3rd row
Husky cargo mat for rear (covers entire area with 3rd row folded down)
Installed LED bulbs in taillights for the turn signals and reverse lights
Tinted front passenger and driver windows to match rear
Tinted front blinkers along the front wheel wells (you can remove if not wanted)
Tinted rear taillights (you can remove if not wanted)
Installed aero skin on lead edge of hood to protect from stone chips
Replaced stock wheels with Black Rhino Kunene 22" wheels with +10 offset (I do not have the stock wheels)

Professional installed Belltech adjustable struts on front and rear to bring the height of the vehicle down approximately 2" front and back. I think this gives the car a much better stance and better handling. Also, it is easier to get in and out of. Slightly stiffer than stock suspension, but not much of a difference. I also have the stock struts if you want to return to stock ride and height.

Professionally ceramic coated by Ceramic Pro. Highest level of ceramic coating (Gold Package) with lifetime transferrable warranty; you can go to any Ceramic Pro franchise countrywide and have inspected annually to refresh the coating. Wheels and calipers are also ceramic coated to prevent brake dust from sticking to them.

MSRP was $67,970, and I have $5k+ in extras listed above.

Looking to sell for $68,000 with all extras included. If interested send a private message and I will keep you posted as this process progresses. Right now I am about 80% certain I will have to sell it.

I am located in Michigan BTW.

This is a tough decision as I absolutely love this vehicle. There is no better combination of space, utility, gas mileage out there in my opinion. However, having an opportunity to purchase my dream house overrides my need to keep this vehicle. Just really unfortunate timing.

View attachment 368889View attachment 368890View attachment 368891View attachment 368892

You can probably get a lot more selling it to a dealer. Unless you’re just a nice guy looking to do someone a favor

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carmax, vroom or Carvana are way better than a dealer to sell your car. Vroom would be my first choice, then carmax.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Can you post a link to what you bought for the tinted front blinkers and the tinted taillights? Also, were they easy to install?

Your vehicle looks amazing!

OP
OP
S

SpartanTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you post a link to what you bought for the tinted front blinkers and the tinted taillights? Also, were they easy to install?

Your vehicle looks amazing!
Thank you! Not sure I have a local guy that does it all and just orders the parts for me.

OP
OP
S

SpartanTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Carmax, vroom or Carvana are way better than a dealer to sell your car. Vroom would be my first choice, then carmax.
Can you provide more details? Are these brokers, or do you sell your car to VROOM/Carvana/Carmax.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Can you provide more details? Are these brokers, or do you sell your car to VROOM/Carvana/Carmax.
I know with Carvana they give you a quote online and if you want to sell it they come to your home and pick up your car and hand you a check.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Within the past couple months I've sold two vehicles...my situation is slightly different than most as our state allows a private sale to offset the sales tax on a new vehicle...but here are my experiences

2016 Ram 3500 - 75k miles
carmax 42k
carvana 36k
KBB instant cash offer $42.5k
dealer offer 39k on trade in
put it on FB marketplace - had a ton of offers, a lot of lowball offers from individuals, several smaller used car dealers offered $44k and sold it to a larger used car dealer for 45k - he advertised it for $48.5k and it was sold in two days

sold a 2021 Yukon AT4 this past week, premium plus package with 44k miles (sticker was $75k)
carvana $60.5k
carmax wouldn't give me a value without them looking at it and closest one is 3 hrs away
KBB instant cash offer $66k
dealer trade in offer was $60k (i questioned this even though it was in line with carvana - almost like they didn't look it up right)
sold it to another local dealer for $68k

Most dealers have a place on their website now where you can submit your vehicle's info online and in a couple minutes you have an offer...I've noticed that most of these are in line with the KBB instant cash offer...guessing they are using the same platform. You could hit 4-5 websites in less than 15 minutes and have several different offers to consider.

If you have a carmax/carvana close by where you could take the vehicle to them and get "paid" immediately that would be a good option if the offer is respectable. I've heard minor issues from people selling to the services that pick up the cars (carvana/Vroom)...main concern was that it wasn't quick enough...up to 3 week delays.

Sold the Yukon to a larger dealer that has multiple dealerships in our area and they had created a website specifically for buying vehicles...meaning it wasn't tied to their Ford or GM dealership. Their initial online quote was $66.2k...I called them up and simply asked if they ever offer more than what is quoted online, after a couple of back and forth (of course sending pics) they offered $68k for our headache of a Yukon....it's now listed on their website at $81k---the cheapest we could find a similar advertised Yukon (miles/options) was $74k

Doesn't cost you anything other than 15-20 minutes to try several of the online services to get a quote and also test out a few dealerships

OP
OP
S

SpartanTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Within the past couple months I've sold two vehicles...my situation is slightly different than most as our state allows a private sale to offset the sales tax on a new vehicle...but here are my experiences

2016 Ram 3500 - 75k miles
carmax 42k
carvana 36k
KBB instant cash offer $42.5k
dealer offer 39k on trade in
put it on FB marketplace - had a ton of offers, a lot of lowball offers from individuals, several smaller used car dealers offered $44k and sold it to a larger used car dealer for 45k - he advertised it for $48.5k and it was sold in two days

sold a 2021 Yukon AT4 this past week, premium plus package with 44k miles (sticker was $75k)
carvana $60.5k
carmax wouldn't give me a value without them looking at it and closest one is 3 hrs away
KBB instant cash offer $66k
dealer trade in offer was $60k (i questioned this even though it was in line with carvana - almost like they didn't look it up right)
sold it to another local dealer for $68k

Most dealers have a place on their website now where you can submit your vehicle's info online and in a couple minutes you have an offer...I've noticed that most of these are in line with the KBB instant cash offer...guessing they are using the same platform. You could hit 4-5 websites in less than 15 minutes and have several different offers to consider.

If you have a carmax/carvana close by where you could take the vehicle to them and get "paid" immediately that would be a good option if the offer is respectable. I've heard minor issues from people selling to the services that pick up the cars (carvana/Vroom)...main concern was that it wasn't quick enough...up to 3 week delays.

Sold the Yukon to a larger dealer that has multiple dealerships in our area and they had created a website specifically for buying vehicles...meaning it wasn't tied to their Ford or GM dealership. Their initial online quote was $66.2k...I called them up and simply asked if they ever offer more than what is quoted online, after a couple of back and forth (of course sending pics) they offered $68k for our headache of a Yukon....it's now listed on their website at $81k---the cheapest we could find a similar advertised Yukon (miles/options) was $74k

Doesn't cost you anything other than 15-20 minutes to try several of the online services to get a quote and also test out a few dealerships
Awesome. Thanks for the info! Huge help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts