21 Tahoe from Canada, purchased in US

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justintodt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 21 Tahoe highcountry from a dealer. It was previously registered in Canada, I am based in the US. We set up our user profiles on the main screen and got an email from gm.ca and when I try to setup the wifi through the app it wants to know which Canadian Province I'm in. I called onstar to setup the wifi, but they were unable to do so since the vehicle thinks we're in Canada and is giving some errors. The technical team is working on a fix, but didn't really give me much info. Said it might be 3-5 days to get an answer. Anybody have this same issue or know a quick fix? I appreciate any help. Thank you!

eyeWall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no solution for you but I have noticed a lot of used gm trucks are originally destined for canada from their window stickers

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a '19 yukon that came from Canada, never had an issue with onstar or navigation, around me there a lot of imported vehicles on the dealers' used lots.

Nima

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 21 Tahoe highcountry from a dealer. It was previously registered in Canada, I am based in the US. We set up our user profiles on the main screen and got an email from gm.ca and when I try to setup the wifi through the app it wants to know which Canadian Province I'm in. I called onstar to setup the wifi, but they were unable to do so since the vehicle thinks we're in Canada and is giving some errors. The technical team is working on a fix, but didn't really give me much info. Said it might be 3-5 days to get an answer. Anybody have this same issue or know a quick fix? I appreciate any help. Thank you!
I live in ontario, Let me know if I can help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019