2024 5.3 Ticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiskeyFrog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2024 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 5.3L and I've noticed a constant ticking sound coming from the engine. Any idea what this could be?

Thanks in advance!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

It could be a number of potential issues, none of them good. But since it is new, I recommend that you take it back to the dealer to get checked out under warranty.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '09 Tahoe 5.3 developed a pretty good, intermittent tap. It wasn't all the time, and I noticed it most often in the morning (sometimes when it was warming up, but also sometimes after it had warmed up). I think it was a lifter tapping, and my local shop did a couple lubes and whatnot that pushed it off for a few weeks -- but it came back.

Good luck with it. Def get it to the dealership and see if they can rectify it.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2024 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 5.3L and I've noticed a constant ticking sound coming from the engine. Any idea what this could be?

Thanks in advance!

Is it while driving AND at idle? Does it increase in frequency when you rev the engine? If so, I'm betting it's a lifter tap.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
Without hearing the tick in person or a video it's probably the high pressure fuel injectors they do make a ticking noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo