2023 Yukon Paint Color Options - What should I pick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to local dealer to see a Tahoe that just arrived in Beige, as Silver Metallic, Sage Green and empire Beige had been my only 3 color choices for several months so was anxious to see in person. Unfortunately I was very disappointed in the contrasts between the painted bumpers and the body paint, gave the appearance the vehicle had been in an accident and shoddily repaired.

Made up my mind to get the Tahoe in white pearl tricoat, won't show paint swirls from running thru 500 automatic car washes :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jgraves

Reaction score
I originally had a '22 Satin Steel Metallic ordered that wasn't picked up before the color was discontinued. I currently have a '23 Volcanic Red Tintcoat on order.

I've been driving a black '10 Sierra since missing the cutoff for a dark red '09 Sierra and my wife's car is black. You can't go wrong with black but it always looks dirty and they're everywhere.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my redwood metallic's looks but it shows swirls and dirt pretty bad. I don't regret it but I would reconsider volcanic red if I bought again.
My Redwood Metallic is still holding strong. I'm constantly buying supreme quality microfiber towels to avoid swirl marks. I usually use high pressure water to clean it, but dirt from rainwater is unavoidable. So for those instances, I use a wet microfiber towel to wipe it off before I use the pressure washer. I have a lot of microfiber towels, so I fold it into quarters and wipe a section off until that side of the towel gets dirty. Then I rotate it and flip it on the other side and repeat the process until it's completely dirty. I use the same process when drying it and applying a ceramic coating (Shine Armor works best for me. It also removes water spots). The only swirl marks I've been getting are on the black panels on the c-pillar (AT4 black trim). They're subtle, but they're there. That's when I know I have to toss out old microfiber towels for new ones, because dirt grit is now embedded in the towel fibers... which leads to paint scratches.

Last edited:

texasfireguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We had the Cayenne Red Tintcoat 2021 Yukon XL Denali... beautiful color looks so good sparkling under the service center lights as they rebuilt the motor! Replaced the rear axle! Chased down electrical issues! Looked for water leaks. It looked it's best as we drove away after trading in that POS! Good luck!

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 3 weeks of rain and caked on soot all over my baby, I did a full detail on my Redwood Metallic today... And it was a reminder of how gorgeous that color is in sunlight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts