2023 Yukon Denali mats/cargo liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking back at some of the older threads on this topic, and am wondering if anyone has purchased/installed these mats recently? I have mats at the dealer that I negotiated as part of my purchase price. Dealer installation is included. Unfortunately the dealer can't get me to the service dept in until 11-1. My question is: Should I just do this install myself? Is there likely a benefit to waiting to have the dealer do the install? Has the quality of these mats/liners improved any?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Install" of the floor liners consiists of:
Unbox them
Take the old floor mats out
Lay the new floor mats in.
It is a 5 minute job.

That said, I think there is some funky thing w/ the warranty. I you purchase a GM accessory on the same bill of sale as your vehicle, then the warranty on the accessories is the same as the new vehicle warranty as long as the dealer performs the install. If you install yourself, it is 12 mo or 12000 miles.

Now, will you need a warranty replace on floor liners...not likely...but, your call.

FWIW, I actually purchased my floor liners before my truck came in because right around Christmas of 2021, while my Yukon XL was on order, the GMC Accessories site ran a 25% off orders over $500 promotion, so I ordered them, had them delivered to the dealer (free shipping), picked them up, then took them with me on the day of delivery (Feb '22), unboxed them there with the salesman's help...and put them in. Only got 12mo/12k mile warranty on them...but dealer disposed of all the cardboard.

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Install" of the floor liners consiists of:
Unbox them
Take the old floor mats out
Lay the new floor mats in.
It is a 5 minute job.

That said, I think there is some funky thing w/ the warranty. I you purchase a GM accessory on the same bill of sale as your vehicle, then the warranty on the accessories is the same as the new vehicle warranty as long as the dealer performs the install. If you install yourself, it is 12 mo or 12000 miles.

Now, will you need a warranty replace on floor liners...not likely...but, your call.

FWIW, I actually purchased my floor liners before my truck came in because right around Christmas of 2021, while my Yukon XL was on order, the GMC Accessories site ran a 25% off orders over $500 promotion, so I ordered them, had them delivered to the dealer (free shipping), picked them up, then took them with me on the day of delivery (Feb '22), unboxed them there with the salesman's help...and put them in. Only got 12mo/12k mile warranty on them...but dealer disposed of all the cardboard.
What you are referring to is the mats for the front and middle rows. I believe that the install of the cargo area involves maybe some cutting, and also some velcro on the back..? not sure but I read posts where other were complaining about it..

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you are referring to is the mats for the front and middle rows. I believe that the install of the cargo area involves maybe some cutting, and also some velcro on the back..? not sure but I read posts where other were complaining about it..
Cargo area no cutting required, and velcro comes attached from factory. Literally unbox, place, and done.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love mine, some peopole have complained that the cargo mat doesn't stay in place well...I agree, it does move around a bit, but I just deal with it.

The floor liners fit really well and are a good match for the interior color...since I have the Teak colored floor, this was important to me. If you have black, your options for other brands are obviously bigger, cause black is easy to match.

Mine have been in use for 20 monthgs now, and have held up well, show only minor wear.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have factory floor liners for all 3 rows and cargo area. They fit quite well and i have no issues with them outside the cargo liner. I just went with some large velcro strips from menards, Lowes, home Depot, etc... And works great now.

BrotriX

Reaction score
I agree with others that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd row floor liners are great. I personally rarely use the 3rd row seats.. so I found the GM cargo liner kinda annoying. I went with a WeatherTech cargo liner, which is much better for my needs. The cocoa color goes pretty well with the teak interior.

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I put them in last night. I would agree with the others. first row, second row and third row good, cargo mat is meh.. One question I have is why is there no mat/protector for the back of the second row seats?? when you lay them all down, the second row is unprotected. Does anyone offer protector for this? It would not be needed that often, but occasionally?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar