2023 Tahoe Premier Oil selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Capt Ed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems Chevrolet recommends Delco dexos1 full synthetic 0W-20.

Is there another brand members prefer? Thanks!

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer Mobil 1. But I’m told that the dexos1 is the same

i have the selling dealership take out the oil that the truck comes with and change to Mobil 1 before delivery. In essence I get my first oil change at 20 miles.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be more confused after everyone posts what oil they prefer. We have these posts come up every now and then and oil preference is all over the board.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news: no matter what brand, at least 0W-whatever is almost always pure Group4 synthetic.
If you're one of those that thinks 7500 miles between oil changes is fine, you don't wanna keep it past 150,000miles, at least you're not skreuwing the next owner THAT hard.

A better question would be, what motor oil does your exact same vehicle spec, in Europa?
If that's 5W30 over there, use 0W30 in yours - they should too.

No matter what motor oil you decide to use, find the larger version of your oil filter, then use the larger one.
But I'd recommend any Valvoline or Quaker State or Pennzoil full synthetic 0W20 or 0W30, preferably 0W30.

No matter what you do, try to convince yourself that 6000 miles between oil changes is the absolute upper limit, and then only if you literally spend upwards of 90% of your driving time with the TCC locked.

Then disable Cylinder Confusion at your first opportunity.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news: no matter what brand, at least 0W-whatever is almost always pure Group4 synthetic.
If you're one of those that thinks 7500 miles between oil changes is fine, you don't wanna keep it past 150,000miles, at least you're not skreuwing the next owner THAT hard.

A better question would be, what motor oil does your exact same vehicle spec, in Europa?
If that's 5W30 over there, use 0W30 in yours - they should too.

No matter what motor oil you decide to use, find the larger version of your oil filter, then use the larger one.
But I'd recommend any Valvoline or Quaker State or Pennzoil full synthetic 0W20 or 0W30, preferably 0W30.

No matter what you do, try to convince yourself that 6000 miles between oil changes is the absolute upper limit, and then only if you literally spend upwards of 90% of your driving time with the TCC locked.

Then disable Cylinder Confusion at your first opportunity.
Unless there are recent changes, I don't think anyone offers cylinder deactivation for this generation.....

rswaug

Reaction score
My 2023 Denali with a 6.2 has the dynamic fuel management. The microprocessor issue that deleted the DFM was relegated mostly to 2022 MY and some 2023 units so lots of them roaming the streets with it.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As long as the vehicle is under warranty, only have the oil changed at the dealership. If you have a problem with the engine, they will work hard to deny the warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz