2023 Chevy Tahoe Aftermarket Brake controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There will be a 4 wire bundle in the left foot area maybe under the carpet, look around a bit. no connector on it just VERY sticky tape

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i dug around today and fished the wires around to an area that i can work on it when i get the brake controller. I am trying to figure out how to connect those wires to the brake controller plug itself. I apologize for not being more clear in my previous post as to what i was asking about.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah i dug around today and fished the wires around to an area that i can work on it when i get the brake controller. I am trying to figure out how to connect those wires to the brake controller plug itself. I apologize for not being more clear in my previous post as to what i was asking about.

Doesn't your brake controller come with a pigtail for it?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not from what i can see. it has the wires for the controller terminated at a plug, but doesn't come with any sort of pigtail. In my hunt to find more information to reply to you, i stumbled into curt's website and i need to purchase a universal plug pigtail seperately for another 15 bucks to allow myself to wire up that part of the wiring to plug in the unit. i would think that they would at least offer an open pigtail connector in the box and if you need a specific plug for your vehicle if it has one you could order that seperately. Also, i haven't purchased the brake controller yet, which is part of my confusion i think as well

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could cut the connector off the end of the wiring on your Curt brake controller and solder/crimp directly to the wires under the dash. Only issue in doing that is if you want to replace or remove that brake controller you’ll need to cut the wires.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i will pick up the pigtail accesory so i could change things out in the future if need be. I was just confused by what i needed. Then again i get confused easily.

Jerseydevil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There will be a 4 wire bundle in the left foot area maybe under the carpet, look around a bit. no connector on it just VERY sticky tape
Hey all. Can you be more specific “where” the wires are located for the 2023 Chevy Tahoe?