2022 Yukon XL Heated Steering Wheel Retro Fit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bzy730

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well my 2022 Yukon XL is almost a year old and I still have not received any updates as to when my missing items will be added (Heated Steering Wheel, Seat, steering column lock). At what point will GM just issue a true "refund credit" vs the $25, $50, $50 BS they credited on the invoice? Has anyone had any of these items as promised by GM? I first heard they would be retrofitted in Q3 2022 then Q4 and now crickets... Any updates from GM?

dancastro

Reaction score
Well my 2022 Yukon XL is almost a year old and I still have not received any updates as to when my missing items will be added (Heated Steering Wheel, Seat, steering column lock). At what point will GM just issue a true "refund credit" vs the $25, $50, $50 BS they credited on the invoice? Has anyone had any of these items as promised by GM? I first heard they would be retrofitted in Q3 2022 then Q4 and now crickets... Any updates from GM?
Just an fyi, everything I have seen indicates that the locking steering column will NOT be retrofitted.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only items on your window sticker that say "includes later retrofit" will be retrofitted. It sounds like heated seat retrofit letters have started going out. Nobody has seen one for the parking sensors yet. Recently someone posted the letter they received from GM and it said they could get the retrofit up to three years from the date the letter was sent out. Considering '23s seem to be building with these features, my guess is Q1-Q2 '23 all the '22s should start seeing their retrofit parts arriving at dealerships.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m still amazed that this is going on.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my 22 SLT in Tuesday for infotainment updates and oil change and my advisor who I have been using for 20 years told me they have heard nothing on the heated steering wheel and front/rear park assist retrofits and they are a very large dealership doing well over a hundred vehicles a day in the service drive with 8 service advisors on duty every day. Now I have to take it back next Friday for the latest recall on the DRL's staying on when the headlights are on which they did not know about until the day after I was in!

OP
OP
B

bzy730

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an fyi, everything I have seen indicates that the locking steering column will NOT be retrofitted.
Thanks so that means they value the 4 way lumbar and the steering column lock at $50. I'm confident the cost to repair/replace these items would be much more that $50.

Cryptocap

Reaction score
Just got an email from GM today about the heated steering wheel retrofit. It is coming but not soon. They gave 6 more months of onstar and some points.

OP
OP
B

bzy730

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I heard from a friend that they were starting the retrofit of the heated steering wheels. I reach out to my dealer since they told me I would get notification in the mail (which I did not) and they told me that the parts were available by order to complete the retrofit. I had them ordered and had the retrofit done last Friday. Finally. If your waiting I suggest you call your dealer and get it done. Do not wait for anyone to contact you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes