Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SMint18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased the 2022 Tahoe on October 27th. When I bought it, the rear media system had APPS included. APPS like, YouTube, YouTube Kids, Hulu, etc. The apps were automatically loaded into the rear media without having any devices plugged in (such as a Roku or firestick). I loved that feature. It honestly SOLD me! They worked great for a week. November 6, I load my kids up in the car for a two hour trip and notice... the apps are gone. My rear media screens have three options, power, headphones, and settings. None of these options helped bring back the missing applications. The display gives me the option to click on either HDMI 1 or HDMI 2, of course I can't click on either one because there are NO HDMI items plugged in.

I have had my vehicle in and out of the dealerships trying to find out what happened to the applications that existed before 11/7/21. No one can give me an answer and honestly, don't really seem to even understand. It's like no one is trained on the features of the new vehicles, they just want to sell them. My Tahoe spent the last three weeks in the shop and they called me today with no resolution still. I am frustrated to be paying so much money for a vehicle that does not work the way it was described to me.

Has anyone had a similar issue. Where you had apps and now they have disappeared?

What can I do?

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the 2022 Tahoe on October 27th. When I bought it, the rear media system had APPS included. APPS like, YouTube, YouTube Kids, Hulu, etc. The apps were automatically loaded into the rear media without having any devices plugged in (such as a Roku or firestick). I loved that feature. It honestly SOLD me! They worked great for a week. November 6, I load my kids up in the car for a two hour trip and notice... the apps are gone. My rear media screens have three options, power, headphones, and settings. None of these options helped bring back the missing applications. The display gives me the option to click on either HDMI 1 or HDMI 2, of course I can't click on either one because there are NO HDMI items plugged in.

I have had my vehicle in and out of the dealerships trying to find out what happened to the applications that existed before 11/7/21. No one can give me an answer and honestly, don't really seem to even understand. It's like no one is trained on the features of the new vehicles, they just want to sell them. My Tahoe spent the last three weeks in the shop and they called me today with no resolution still. I am frustrated to be paying so much money for a vehicle that does not work the way it was described to me.

Has anyone had a similar issue. Where you had apps and now they have disappeared?

What can I do?
Most of us with '22s took possession with no apps. Yours is the first I've heard of that had multiple apps like that. HULU has now appeared on mine in the last week - however if we select it we get a message that we need a video streaming account. I spent time on the phone being bounced between Onstar reps to no avail. Just like the dealership personnel - they seem to have no clue.

My guess is GM is tinkering with the software and we'll eventually get an update that improves functionality -- providing you maintain some sort of subscription. Whether it is the basic connected services plan or something specific to streaming is unknown.

You Tahoe 3 week dealer stay was for the rear seat entertainment system?

OP
OP
S

SMint18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh wow! I had no idea that people were buying them without the apps. I wish I had taken pictures of what it looked like prior to them being wiped out.

I loved it when it worked. My kids watched YouTube Kids and my older son watched other apps...it was awesome!

Yes, my Tahoe has been there since January 3, so three weeks Monday. They called me today to say that the infotainment center needs to be replaced but its on backorder and there is no timeframe.

My husband has a 2021 Chevy Silverado and it makes this terrible...TERRIBLE squealing sounds when he breaks. Its so bad. He took it in and they told him GM is aware of the issue and said they don't have a fix at this time. He waited months, never heard back, called a few times. They finally told him, well you're out of warranty now. It's just mind blowing and I'm worried that they will do the same to me. They will have me wait for a fix for months and then say I am out of warranty so it will be my problem at that point.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow! I had no idea that people were buying them without the apps. I wish I had taken pictures of what it looked like prior to them being wiped out.

I loved it when it worked. My kids watched YouTube Kids and my older son watched other apps...it was awesome!

Yes, my Tahoe has been there since January 3, so three weeks Monday. They called me today to say that the infotainment center needs to be replaced but its on backorder and there is no timeframe.

My husband has a 2021 Chevy Silverado and it makes this terrible...TERRIBLE squealing sounds when he breaks. Its so bad. He took it in and they told him GM is aware of the issue and said they don't have a fix at this time. He waited months, never heard back, called a few times. They finally told him, well you're out of warranty now. It's just mind blowing and I'm worried that they will do the same to me. They will have me wait for a fix for months and then say I am out of warranty so it will be my problem at that point.
My RSE sound quit working September 1. Took it in and they played with it and got it working and said were gona order a new screen...still waiting
Atleast it works for now tho

usmcfiredog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Did you ever get your YouTube, YouTube Kids, and Hulu app back?

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what data plan was being used and was the subscription up to date? With no data that would explain the external plug in prompts.

Igotawhiteone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 and mine came with the apps like Hulu YouTube and YouTube kids and worked great during the trial period now that it’s over and I switched to just the data plan I’ve not been able to access the apps , it tells me to contact onstar to get a video streaming deal and I’ve been back and forth with them doing all these resets and going on a week now and still have not found a fix for this , the apps on mine are still showing but they are greyed out. All this tech just causes more a headache but I’m like you if I paid extra for it I want it to work not give me the run around till warranty is up !