2022 Tahoe purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22CTHC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time poster here. I recently put a $1500 deposit down on a 22 Tahoe 5.3 in transit to the dealer. Started doing some research and you guys have me nervous to say the least. Seeing lots of issues, not just here but on YouTube as well. I also did a deep dive on AutoTrader and have seen a lot of 21 models with unusual service records (I doubt the dealer always lists the actual reason) and the occasional lifter replacement, or electrical issue.

Are these problems really that frequent? I assume you should always expect some bad ones to get through, but this seems extreme.

Any numbers on how many are actually seeing issues?

Any difference with issues on the 22 models versus the 21 models?

Should I just let my deposit go and move on to another brand for now?? I keep my stuff pristine and the last thing I want is the motor being replaced right off the bat. I also worry that once this recession get going, resale values may tank…so I don’t want to rely on resale values. Appreciate the feedback.
I’ve been having issues with my 22 High Country since the day we bought it in July. Today was the third time I was stranded, unable to start the vehicle in a parking lot with my 2 month old baby in the car and groceries. I told GM I want out of my lease. The dealership we originally got it from told us it had ACC and it certainly does not, they also told us nothing was wrong with our car the first time we brought it in. Second time was about A month after the first issue and it stalled out in a drive thru and wouldn’t shift to neutral for the tow truck to tow it. Got it back from a different dealership who said they couldn’t find anything wrong. I asked for the BCM to be updated per a service bulletin I saw on here and instead they just reset the BCM and “recharged“ the battery.

I’m pissed, at $1420/mo this shouldn’t be happening. I’m wondering if the 2023s have this issue. I found one with all the same options as my current one plus extra for less than what we’re paying now!

Appleman88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time poster here. I recently put a $1500 deposit down on a 22 Tahoe 5.3 in transit to the dealer. Started doing some research and you guys have me nervous to say the least. Seeing lots of issues, not just here but on YouTube as well. I also did a deep dive on AutoTrader and have seen a lot of 21 models with unusual service records (I doubt the dealer always lists the actual reason) and the occasional lifter replacement, or electrical issue.

Are these problems really that frequent? I assume you should always expect some bad ones to get through, but this seems extreme.

Any numbers on how many are actually seeing issues?

Any difference with issues on the 22 models versus the 21 models?

Should I just let my deposit go and move on to another brand for now?? I keep my stuff pristine and the last thing I want is the motor being replaced right off the bat. I also worry that once this recession get going, resale values may tank…so I don’t want to rely on resale values. Appreciate the feedback.
I love my 22' Yukon bought 12/27/2021 but unfortunately at 7300 miles its in the shop for bad lifters. I thought I was past that issue buy apparently not. Not sure how many people are going though this but seems like a lot and may still be an issue on the 2023 but I don't know for sure. IT SUCKS TO GO THRU! Good luck to you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts