2022 Google Play/Alexa - considering purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrandTheftAudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with changing the name from "Hey Google" or "Ok Google" to an alternative? Feels like this cannot be changed, but cannot be certain in my research.

It's been difficult to see/discovery what all features are available/unavailable on the 2022 Infotainment. Most Youtube videos don't access the store because folks are not logged in. Is there a list of apps available from the Google Play store built into the Infotainment? Is Alexa an available app to download and use voice commands?

nosidamde

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is not a way to change that for the voice prompt. However, why not just tap the "bad breath guy" on the steering wheel instead? If you're needing to use the built in Google voice assistant to change the climate control and this annoys you, simply reach over to rotate the climate control dial to the desired temperature.

More apps are on the way. Some customers, such as myself, have the Hulu app already built into the rear seat entertainment system. Others folks also have YouTube, but your mileage may vary at this time.

Alexa compatibility is supposed to be on the way. Why would you need that or want that over Google Assistant? Genuinely curious.

OP
OP
G

GrandTheftAudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is not a way to change that for the voice prompt. However, why not just tap the "bad breath guy" on the steering wheel instead? If you're needing to use the built in Google voice assistant to change the climate control and this annoys you, simply reach over to rotate the climate control dial to the desired temperature.

More apps are on the way. Some customers, such as myself, have the Hulu app already built into the rear seat entertainment system. Others folks also have YouTube, but your mileage may vary at this time.

Alexa compatibility is supposed to be on the way. Why would you need that or want that over Google Assistant? Genuinely curious.
Thanks for the response and I get your curiosity. We have Echos in the house so for simplicity, using Alexa is already in our life. So I was wondering if there's a way to either change the activation command to Alexa or download the app and use Alexa that way. I have zero experience with Google Assistant outside of my test drive so just trying to understand functionality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018