2022 Denali Quirk Number 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started the thread 2022 Denali Perimeter Lighting. Here is another inconsistent thing our new Denali is doing. Sometimes when I push the Park button the Parking Brake will activate. But not always. Same with going to Reverse when I have the Parking Brake set. Sometimes it will release, sometimes it will not and I have to push the release button. Not a big deal but you have to pay attention to what is or is not happening. This inconsistent behavior has me wondering why it does not just do the same thing every time.

The question is, does anyone else see this happening or do I have a "bug" in my system?

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems normal - Owners manual says it is normal for the vehicle to apply the electric parking brake in some situations when vehicle is not moving. Mine does the same thing.

blahblahblah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My driveway has a slight incline. I'm assuming it engages the parking brake and the air suspension does something as I hear the hissing.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incline is the deciding factor, my driveway has an incline, and whenever I park it there parking brake gets set automatically...in the garage where it is flat, no parking brake.
This is absolutely it. If mine sits on a sloped driveway, park is illuminated in the DIC and I know she is going to need a tap on the throttle to get moving. I think this is a good feature really, as in tight situations you know the vehicle is not going to get away from you as a soon as you drop it in gear.

OP
OP
GMCnewbee

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for the input. I will keep observing how it works.

OP
OP
GMCnewbee

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to pick this thread up again to report my recent observations. Again, the reason I bring this up is to report the inconsistent behavior. I do have the parking brake come on automatically when I stop in my driveway and shift to Park. I do have an incline, not a big incline but still it is there. The vehicle is consistent in that it sets the parking brake automatically. when I shift to Park.

What is not consistent is that it seldom releases the parking brake automatically. However, yesterday it did release automatically when I went into Drive. I had backed into the driveway. Normally I pull head in and then when I leave I go to Reverse. It has not been automatically releasing the parking brake when I go into Reverse but it did when I backed in and then went into drive to leave(???) Just one of those things I guess.

I was watching 2001 the other day and thinking that my 2022 Denali is sort of like HAL. It does what it wants to when it wants to. I was surprised yesterday when the windshield wipers automatically sped up then slowed down as the rain got heavy but then let up. I did not know the Denali had this feature. I think there is a lot that I do not know yet about this vehicle.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to pick this thread up again to report my recent observations. Again, the reason I bring this up is to report the inconsistent behavior. I do have the parking brake come on automatically when I stop in my driveway and shift to Park. I do have an incline, not a big incline but still it is there. The vehicle is consistent in that it sets the parking brake automatically. when I shift to Park.

What is not consistent is that it seldom releases the parking brake automatically. However, yesterday it did release automatically when I went into Drive. I had backed into the driveway. Normally I pull head in and then when I leave I go to Reverse. It has not been automatically releasing the parking brake when I go into Reverse but it did when I backed in and then went into drive to leave(???) Just one of those things I guess.

I was watching 2001 the other day and thinking that my 2022 Denali is sort of like HAL. It does what it wants to when it wants to. I was surprised yesterday when the windshield wipers automatically sped up then slowed down as the rain got heavy but then let up. I did not know the Denali had this feature. I think there is a lot that I do not know yet about this vehicle.
I've noticed the parking brake does not release when you put the vehicle in gear, it releases when you hit give it some gas, so you need to give it a little throttle and the brake should release.

The rain sense wipers I think are standard on most if not all models. I find mine are rather sensitive and jump to full speed quite often in pretty light rain.

Auto high beams are another feature you may discover, or maybe already know about. My wife loves it but I can't stand it.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always park on an incline, head in. Ive gotten into the habit of going into reverse and while keeping my foot on the brake I just manually hit the parking brake button to release it, this way the truck doesn’t jerk when you feed gas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557