2022 Cadillac Escalade blown engine!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This a joke?
Cheap China parts ?
You do realize that China manufactures things to spec given by the person/company that needs it produced ? If it's meant to be cheap it will be. If it's meant to be quality it will be. Just like any other manufacturer .

There's tons of cheap stuff from China because they want it to be cheap. Just like tons of quality stuff.

It's crazy that even in 2022 we still have this stereotype. Its kinda sad how ignorant some of us are. Smh.
D488388A-C8F5-4BBC-8F89-EFDF59272F8B.jpeg

Oilburner1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just the typical lifter failures but that's about it, define "blown"
I'm following posts as I want to buy a Escalate, Tahoe or Yukon. If i buy used, what years did the lifter issue start. If i buy new, what year did GM get it corrected. I would prefer to buy the 3.0 diesel, they don't have any issues, but very hard to come by.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm following posts as I want to buy a Escalate, Tahoe or Yukon. If i buy used, what years did the lifter issue start. If i buy new, what year did GM get it corrected. I would prefer to buy the 3.0 diesel, they don't have any issues, but very hard to come by.
around 2010 until current. it's a random thing and very very very low percentage of vehicles, don't let that alone deter you from buying what you want. there are millions upon millions of these things on the road with no issue. happy customers never come along and say anything so you only hear about the defects therefore the information you read about is skewed. I bought my 12 sight unseen and my 18 sight unseen. I flew in and drove the 12 home the 18 I had delivered. these are great vehicles.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my view it's got to do with maintenance and driving habits, when vehicle is idling it's in V8 mode so a vehicle that stays in V8 mode a lot (In town driving) engine doesn't get the harmonic's that a vehicle driven at 65 MPH and goes into V4 mode which as video states sets up harmonics and if driven at certain RPMs at long distances makes some vehicles have problems. The harmonics make sense because I've not read where valves are hitting pistons to bend push rods. there has been pictures when engines torn down the push rods are eaten up on ends which means they weren't rotating which to me is sign of maintenance not being done.
I also think in 2021s there might have been some kind of material or design change. I know in early big block engine push rod were in all kinds of different angles, but rockers had ball that let rocker adjust to angle and in those engines if you had bent push rod valve had usually contacted piston.

stevedonato

Reaction score
This a joke?
Cheap China parts ?
You do realize that China manufactures things to spec given by the person/company that needs it produced ? If it's meant to be cheap it will be. If it's meant to be quality it will be. Just like any other manufacturer .

There's tons of cheap stuff from China because they want it to be cheap. Just like tons of quality stuff.

It's crazy that even in 2022 we still have this stereotype. Its kinda sad how ignorant some of us are. Smh.
Then it must be that GM's Specs are crap if they break when new. And, no such thing a 'Quality' stuff from China. You get what you pay for PERIOD. No Japanese car parts are made in China. Can you argue that GM Pickups from the 1990's last 2775,000-300,000+ miles, while it seems the GM Vehicles trucks/SUV's can't last 10,000 mi?
What did they use to do that they are not doing today? I have 1 1996 GMC Sierra Pickup 5.7 with 250K miles runs like a top, and my Son's 2000 GM Chevy Silvrerado has 240kmi. 4.8L V8 runs like a top after 20-25+ years. Maybe Electric vehicles will bail GM out, but not if their electric motors are mad in China.

stevedonato

Reaction score
No such thing as 'Quality' parts from China. GM design and manufacturing has simply gone down the tubes. Unlike Toyota/Lexus

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then it must be that GM's Specs are crap if they break when new. And, no such thing a 'Quality' stuff from China. You get what you pay for PERIOD. No Japanese car parts are made in China. Can you argue that GM Pickups from the 1990's last 2775,000-300,000+ miles, while it seems the GM Vehicles trucks/SUV's can't last 10,000 mi?
What did they use to do that they are not doing today? I have 1 1996 GMC Sierra Pickup 5.7 with 250K miles runs like a top, and my Son's 2000 GM Chevy Silvrerado has 240kmi. 4.8L V8 runs like a top after 20-25+ years. Maybe Electric vehicles will bail GM out, but not if their electric motors are mad in China.
Yeah im not gonna get into that as those roots are in everything except facts. That's not a conversation I'm willing to have with shortsighted folks.

Lots of Oem parts come from China that are in many many manufacturers. You are not from the industry so you would not understand. China is the leading manufacturer in the world. They build to spec period.

Your iPhone your using right now came from China and is made in China for example.

Lots of things break from New. Sometimes your just unlucky. I'm a huge toyota fan and they even produce a random dud here and there.

Your saying that the old malaise era gm vehicles with plastic interiors are better then the vehicles they put out today ? Um ok. Lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu