2021 Yukon Brake Controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuel Ross

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just getting ready to take the 2021 Yukon Denali out camping and realized even with the max tow package, it doesn't come with a brake controller. From reading other posts, it looks like there is a pigtail waiting behind the trim. Any thoughts on plug and play? I can see Curt makes one, always had a Tekonsha P3 but they are large. If any of you have already installed it, would appreciate some photos.

Thank you

CougarCruiser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A good question… I thought max tow came with an electronic brake controller?

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if it a parts issue? All the ones I have seen with the max tow packages through pictures have the brake controller in lower left area behind steering wheel. I bet they are pushing through with what they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeMojo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Samuel- I just saw your post on mine regarding the wiring.

I've got the Denali Duramax Diesel and everything showed that there would be a pigtail to plug right into, but on mine there was just the 4 wires taped up. Never would have found them except I started looking for any white labels... Finally found with the wiring details and was able to pull out the wires. Anyway, I was looking for a plug/pigtail that wasn't there. Ended up wiring it up and it's been working fine, but plug and play would have saved me a few hours.IMG_5700.jpg

osboco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I went through this same issue. Had a 2020 Yukon XL Denali loaded up. Traded it for a 2021 Yukon XL Denali with the Premium Package with the Trailing option. I found out that I did not have the integrated brake controller.

What I did was bought the Curt Wireless brake controller. It connects via Bluetooth it is great.

Here is the link. With the trade in values, I traded my Premium Package 2021 in for the Ultimate 2021 that has the brake controller integrated.

Hope this helps. And if you are interested in the wireless brake controller I no longer need, let me know.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your vehicle was equipped with the Max Trailering Package, it will have an integrated brake controller on the dash as pictured above ^, 2 speed transfer case (HIGH 4WD and LOW 4WD), Hitch guidance and hitch view in your infotainment system, and in vehicle trailering app. The vehicle will also have an enhanced cooling radiator. If your vehicle lacks the brake controller, or any other options listed, your vehicle was not made with the Max Trailering Package. Check your build sheet and sticker and make sure the dealer didn't rip you off.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts