2021 Tahoe Rear Headliner Sunroof Metallic Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PriceP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new 2021 Tahoe with the Sunroof which seems solid overall, with the exception of a Strange Metallic rattle noise at the back side of the Sunroof.. Only happens while driving down residential streets that are not as smooth as highways. I also noticed that when the shade to the sunroof is retracted its much worse.. Anyone experiencing the same issue and found a fix? I had it at the dealer the next week to have them add a trailer brake and asked they check out the rattle as well... He said that he drove it and did not hear a rattle and had never heard of this issue.. I'm sure he just drove it slowly around the lot.. Frustrated! Thx

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s odd. My ‘21 with the sunroof doesn’t have a rattle. I do hear it creek a little when I turn into it back up in my driveway.

If mine had a rattle, I’d take it to the dealer for sure as rattles drive me crazy. :)

Maybe you’ll have to take a drive with the tech and see if it acts up…maybe have the tech or someone else ride in the back seat to try to drill down on exactly where it’s coming from.

otisb2112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new 2021 Tahoe with the Sunroof which seems solid overall, with the exception of a Strange Metallic rattle noise at the back side of the Sunroof.. Only happens while driving down residential streets that are not as smooth as highways. I also noticed that when the shade to the sunroof is retracted its much worse.. Anyone experiencing the same issue and found a fix? I had it at the dealer the next week to have them add a trailer brake and asked they check out the rattle as well... He said that he drove it and did not hear a rattle and had never heard of this issue.. I'm sure he just drove it slowly around the lot.. Frustrated! Thx
I had this problem on a 21 Yukon with pano roof. It was loose clips in the headliner right behind where the panoramic glass ended.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this issue in my 2020 acadia. Bad rattle in the area between the sun and moon roof (it’s not one big pano but two separate). The liner somehow separated and wouldn’t seat correctly and GM had to change the full headliner under warranty

WVBKW

Reaction score
There is a fix. I just had this done to my 2021 Denali. It was making me insane! Tell your dealer to order new clips. It’s an easy job.

I had it done just this past Tuesday. I love my car again.

3426EC8E-F83C-4306-AA22-8A567E74403F.png

OP
OP
P

PriceP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a fix. I just had this done to my 2021 Denali. It was making me insane! Tell your dealer to order new clips. It’s an easy job.

I had it done just this past Tuesday. I love my car again.

View attachment 367058
Thanks WVBKW.. I'll take this with me to the dealer on my next visit.. Appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT