2021 Tahoe Noise When Stopped for a few Seconds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea on what this noise is? When I stop or let it idle through a drive-thru for example, then come to a stop, about a second after that I'll hear this weird metallic/squeaking type of noise that lasts another second or two. This is easily repeatable by letting it go forward a little more and then coming to a complete stop.

Below is a link to my video...if you turn up the audio you'll hear what I'm talking about.

My Tahoe was built in March 2021 and it currently has 8,300 miles on it.

I did find the TSB below which refers to a similar noise which I guess goes away in 4WD mode.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10208070-9999.pdf

When I made the video it was in 2WD, although I do know the same noise exists in AUTO (although it was probably not kicking in 4WD when I heard it in that mode). I'll have to test it out sometime to see if forcing it into 4WD and pulling it into my garage continues to produce the noise as the TSB mentioned it doesn't exist in that mode.

Wasn't sure if anyone else on here had any thoughts. I don't think it's a big deal and will probably have a dealer look at it sometime within the next few weeks. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon