2021 Tahoe Illuminated door sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTGZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I had the door sills installed on my 2024 Tahoe and the look great but they stay on at night when the headlights come on automatically! Do you have this problem! My dealer says this is how they are suppose to work! Thanks for any info you can pass on!
Yes, I thought they would turn on/off with the opening/closing of the doors, but I guess the way they are wired, they just stay on with the headlights?

photios

Reaction score
Hi I had the door sills installed on my 2024 Tahoe and the look great but they stay on at night when the headlights come on automatically! Do you have this problem! My dealer says this is how they are suppose to work! Thanks for any info you can pass on!
Yes, mine are on at night, when the headlights come on. The thing is though, they can barely be seen as the door is covering most of the lighting.

JTGZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, mine are on at night, when the headlights come on. The thing is though, they can barely be seen as the door is covering most of the lighting.
Agree with this. I don't find it distracting or anything. Just different from other cars I've seen/had before, where the illuminated door sills came on when the doors were opened (I think - unless they too were on with the headlights and I just never knew it!).

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was likely done on purpose by GM as they did not use dimming LED's. So to extend the lifetime of the LED's, they are connected to a on off switch, instead of the interior lighting which has the opera lighting feature.