2021 GMC YUKON DENALI BENCH SEAT FOR CAPTAIN SEATS SWAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emoyer10206

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would you care to share what the leather looks like on your suburban?
In full disclosure, seats look amazing! Like I said previously, seats are cleaned with leather cleaner and conditioner. But realistically, we have 5 kids under 4 and crumbs happen. Lol I keep up with them really well, but our kids make a mess and have to shop vac pretty regularly. The seats themselves are super clean, around the base is hard to get every single crumb, so they may have dirt. If you’re serious about swap I’ll pull seats awhile and try and clean the bases pretty good. Just let me know if you’re still interested!

PetersYukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Second set here is of passenger side captain. Same thing, you can see where I pulled the car seat near the latch system for pictures. There is a tiny scuff along the arm rest, looks like right along the pivot bolt. It’s hardly noticeable and I only ever feel it when I detail the seat. At least wanted you to be aware that it’s there.
If you guys ended up doing the swap, can you share if it was easy or difficult and any issues you might have run into?

agilson5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In full disclosure, seats look amazing! Like I said previously, seats are cleaned with leather cleaner and conditioner. But realistically, we have 5 kids under 4 and crumbs happen. Lol I keep up with them really well, but our kids make a mess and have to shop vac pretty regularly. The seats themselves are super clean, around the base is hard to get every single crumb, so they may have dirt. If you’re serious about swap I’ll pull seats awhile and try and clean the bases pretty good. Just let me know if you’re still interested!
Are you still looking for bench seat?

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If going from a 60/40 bench seat to (2) captains chairs, it doesn't appear the floor bolt patterns would match entirely. It would seem only the outer floor board bolt patterns may align but the inner on the 60 (side) would be spread too far apart.

Last edited:

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolt pattern for the Captains chairs is 13 inches apart, so placing a Captains chair in place of the bench seat on drivers side (being a 60/40 spilt bench) you would have to measure 13 inches over from outer holes and cut threw the carpet to expose the holes for mounting seat. (Provided that all of these GM SUV's made on the assembly line are all made the same underneath that carpet). The mounting distance for the Torx bolts for the 60/40 bench from drivers side, from the door side towards the middle distance is 31 to 31 1/2 inches.