2019 Yukon - help to add wireless charging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gjeffrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2019 Yukon SLT with the Premier package. It’s pretty loaded, but did Not come with wireless charging on the center console an I want to address this.

Is my best bet to buy an entire new armrest assembly with the charger included or should I find all the sub parts (which has been very hard to do) and retrofit the exiting armrest?

I would really like the pad to fit an iPhone X Max. Is the Cadillac Escalade pad the only option here?

Thanks for any feedback!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t remember all the part numbers from memory but do a quick search on this site, there’s lots of threads on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the wireless charger you need part #84526978. It comes with the harness as well. I added this to my LT and wired it into the cigarette lighter because it’s part of the RAP system for power. If you go this route there are 4 wires. You only need to use violet which is hot and black for ground. Also you need to order the ribbed rubber insert. I believe your is like mine and came with smooth rubber. Gm parts direct has good diagrams to see that part number. Easy install

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2019 Yukon SLT with the Premier package. It’s pretty loaded, but did Not come with wireless charging on the center console an I want to address this.

Is my best bet to buy an entire new armrest assembly with the charger included or should I find all the sub parts (which has been very hard to do) and retrofit the exiting armrest?

I would really like the pad to fit an iPhone X Max. Is the Cadillac Escalade pad the only option here?

Thanks for any feedback!
I thought that feature was standard - are you sure you don't have it?

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can believe he doesn’t have it. Some of the premiers I looked at did not have a sunroof or the rear entertainment. I was shocked. I thought they all did. Gm is funny on their packages.

OP
OP
G

gjeffrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can believe he doesn’t have it. Some of the premiers I looked at did not have a sunroof or the rear entertainment. I was shocked. I thought they all did. Gm is funny on their packages.

Yes, very sure I don’t have it. I removed the back of the front console to see if the wiring harness may have been included as a complete electrical snake. But as you can see from the photos, it is NOT there. I have found all the parts I need for the armrest and charger itself, but now I need help with the OEM wiring and correct parts / installation for wiring the power and the intellalink integration. Thanks!F5D5956B-C82E-4585-BB57-C6061941FC4E.jpeg33200550-DF62-4A71-9652-42D07E733B6A.jpeg8004EF8E-E07B-428D-BCBD-877DE409278D.jpeg

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, very sure I don’t have it. I removed the back of the front console to see if the wiring harness may have been included as a complete electrical snake. But as you can see from the photos, it is NOT there. I have found all the pets I need for the armrest and charger itself, but now I need help with the OEM wiring and correct parts / installation for wiring the power and the intellalink integration. Thanks!View attachment 230004View attachment 230005View attachment 230006

I had the same setup. I only wires the positive and negative into the 12v outlet( cigarette lighter). I didn’t wire anything else. I can see the phone is charging when I place it down.

OP
OP
G

gjeffrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same setup. I only wires the positive and negative into the 12v outlet( cigarette lighter). I didn’t wire anything else. I can see the phone is charging when I place it down.

Hey Bob2C, thanks. I had seen your earlier thread and realize that wiring as you have done is an option. However my preference, at this time, is to try to stay as OEM as possible and run the correct wiring with Harnesses.

Regards,
Greg

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bob2C, thanks. I had seen your earlier thread and realize that wiring as you have done is an option. However my preference, at this time, is to try to stay as OEM as possible and run the correct wiring with Harnesses.

Regards,
Greg

Ok. Sounds good

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Regards,
Greg

I can help you with this. You’ve got 2 options, either swap the complete console harness out or I can make a harness that will integrate with the factory console harness. Email me at [email protected].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B