2019 Tahoe air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mgrantham1683

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Heard a pop driving the other day. Now compressor sounds like it’s rattling when running. Y’all have any idea what kind of repair I’m looking at and ballpark costs? Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We cannot talk about a repair or costs, until we determine the cause and extent of the issue.

Does the compressor shut off it less than 10 seconds, when you hear it rattling?

Have you checked the shocks to see if the air line connectors are still connected to the shocks?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard a pop driving the other day. Now compressor sounds like it’s rattling when running. Y’all have any idea what kind of repair I’m looking at and ballpark costs? Thanks
Moved you here from 2021+section.

OP
OP
M

Mgrantham1683

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We cannot talk about a repair or costs, until we determine the cause and extent of the issue.

Does the compressor shut off it less than 10 seconds, when you hear it rattling?

Have you checked the shocks to see if the air line connectors are still connected to the shocks?

Runs for about 15-20 seconds, I can’t see any loose lines but I haven’t pulled the compressor off.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Runs for about 15-20 seconds, I can’t see any loose lines but I haven’t pulled the compressor off.
That's a fairly long time for it to consistently run.

Perform the soapy water squirt bottle test and spray the shocks air bladders and air line connections to see if you have an air leak.

OP
OP
M

Mgrantham1683

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's a fairly long time for it to consistently run.

Perform the soapy water squirt bottle test and spray the shocks air bladders and air line connections to see if you have an air leak.
Ok thanks, I’ll do that when I get the time. Made an appt at the shop to have it looked at next week in case it’s not a simple fix.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^

If you can do simple wrenching, you can fix this yourself and save a lot of labor costs.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
I would suggest watching multiple how to's instead of trusting one source. You can learn a little bit from each one, comparing what parts of the process are done the same or differently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10