2019 LT Subwoofer Upgrade HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tangojay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in an envious position, wife want’s to upgrade her Tahoe system, we are starting with upgrading the subwoofer and adding an amp to it.
I have looked at the JL stealth box, nice upgrade, BUT want MORE, here dilema, I don’t want a box on the back, want to have the subwoofer hidden, also I don’t use the third row seat.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Pops McGee

Reaction score
I am in an envious position, wife want’s to upgrade her Tahoe system, we are starting with upgrading the subwoofer and adding an amp to it.
I have looked at the JL stealth box, nice upgrade, BUT want MORE, here dilema, I don’t want a box on the back, want to have the subwoofer hidden, also I don’t use the third row seat.

I removed third row and added a sub box. Amps and processor in the open space behind box before rear storage. Box could be a touch lower but for now just leaving it as is. Did this design so I can throw heavy stuff on top and not damage anything back there. It really pounds. Two 8" JL Audio w7s.
IMG_7633.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tangojay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I removed third row and added a sub box. Amps and processor in the open space behind box before rear storage. Box could be a touch lower but for now just leaving it as is. Did this design so I can throw heavy stuff on top and not damage anything back there. It really pounds. Two 8" JL Audio w7s.
View attachment 247979
I went with the JL stealth box and I am impressed! Lot’s of bass and vehicle look OEM, they even added a black level control which looks factory

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the JL stealth box and I am impressed! Lot’s of bass and vehicle look OEM, they even added a black level control which looks factory
Any pics of the bass knob install?

Luther

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I added amplified 8" sub from Crutchfield's brand, Sound Ordnance B-8PTD 125 watt compact powered subwoofer. I mounted under my 3rd row seat. It put out plenty of power..

19tahoeLS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Which amp did you add to run it with do you know? I’m also looking to upgrade to the stealth box.

BoosTTed C6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a stealth box with a JL Audio VX600 and remote bass knob, installed exactly as above. Only difference is we took out the JL woofer and replaced it with an Alpine Type R woofer. Takes more abuse and plays deeper. It provides more than ample bass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos