2019 DVD Upgrade - Need to change screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Briancp396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my 2019 Tahoe by changing the CD player to a DVD player. I have most of the options, big screen, navigation, bose, etc. Do I need to change out my screen to accommodate the DVD player? How can I tell if I need to. Thanks in advance, thanks

Brian

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my 2019 Tahoe by changing the CD player to a DVD player. I have most of the options, big screen, navigation, bose, etc. Do I need to change out my screen to accommodate the DVD player? How can I tell if I need to. Thanks in advance, thanks

Brian
not that I am aware of but you do have to change the cd drive out and maybe/probably the ios module which has to be programmed to your vin and if you want video in motion then you have to get a 3rd party adapter. there may be a company out there that can program one to work in motion but there going to want to sell you the whole kit anyway.
even "maybe" getting it done yourself you are looking at $500 or more in parts and a obd genie to do it and even they do not know if that would work.
probably better off just getting something to work with a thumb drive anyway. I have thought about changing mine but it is cost prohibitive between staying oem or going 3rd party

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879