2018 Yukon SLE - Air blowing room temp air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty just passed of course. I had a 2015 that had the a/c gone out twice. They said it was the refrigerant lines cracking from too much stress. The second time they said a new bracket had been installed to take the stress off the lines. Now 2018 air not working. Under the hood the refrigerant lines, one is cold but not cold like it should be and the other is warm as it should be. Curious if this could be the same technical bulletin about the refrigerant lines or if I'm going to be paying for this?

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty just passed of course. I had a 2015 that had the a/c gone out twice. They said it was the refrigerant lines cracking from too much stress. The second time they said a new bracket had been installed to take the stress off the lines. Now 2018 air not working. Under the hood the refrigerant lines, one is cold but not cold like it should be and the other is warm as it should be. Curious if this could be the same technical bulletin about the refrigerant lines or if I'm going to be paying for this?

The 15 was likely the condenser. They dryer is attached to the side of them with a few dinky welds and they would crack and leak. The extra "bracket" was literally better welding, more welds, and a couple spacers welded between to make it rigid. The 18 should have the new design. You can look for any lightly oily looking areas on the lines to see if you see a leak. Would be good to get the pressures checked though to verify it is low and not a stoppage.

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 15 was likely the condenser. They dryer is attached to the side of them with a few dinky welds and they would crack and leak. The extra "bracket" was literally better welding, more welds, and a couple spacers welded between to make it rigid. The 18 should have the new design. You can look for any lightly oily looking areas on the lines to see if you see a leak. Would be good to get the pressures checked though to verify it is low and not a stoppage.

I was waiting on them to get a brown Sierra in to swap it out anyway. I might just grab an Elevation model off the lot today. Cold in FL today so no one should notice an a/c problem. Its lease though so if its warm when they check it theyre gonna ding me for it anyway aren't they?

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was waiting on them to get a brown Sierra in to swap it out anyway. I might just grab an Elevation model off the lot today. Cold in FL today so no one should notice an a/c problem. Its lease though so if its warm when they check it theyre gonna ding me for it anyway aren't they?

I am not sure on that as I have never done lease. But depending on miles it could be covered by warranty.

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** it, just traded it. Cold here in FL today. Im sure they didn't even check it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts