2018 Tahoe - Radio station goes to 87.9 after every vehicle restart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tigertimlsu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my wife's new 2018 Tahoe, every time she exits (stops/restarts) the vehicle, the radio (AM and FM) returns to station 87.9 (and loses the station she was previously listening to). Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I'm wondering if the dealership did not take the vehicle out of some sort of demo mode. Is there some way to disable this?

A call to Onstar and they claimed this is how it is supposed to work.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my wife's new 2018 Tahoe, every time she exits (stops/restarts) the vehicle, the radio (AM and FM) returns to station 87.9 (and loses the station she was previously listening to). Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I'm wondering if the dealership did not take the vehicle out of some sort of demo mode. Is there some way to disable this?

A call to Onstar and they claimed this is how it is supposed to work.

No way that is correct. It’s Saturday and dealer service is probably closed. I’d try GM customer service but not via onstar. Onstar call centers are probably routed to Dubai or who knows.