2017 Yukon XL WiFi disconnects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bulldog896

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hit the search and could not find anything related, sorry if it's a repeat

2017 Yukon XL LTZ Infotainment with Nav

I recently purchased the unlimited data package. The hotspot works fine and I can link phones, tablets etc. My radio will link and I can play pandora, dash, amazon music but after a bit it will "signal lost" and then I get a "hotspot 9033 disconnected" message. If I go into the WiFi menue and try to reconnect it or any other hotspot it will not connect. If I turn the WiFi off it will not turn back on. Once the system is shut down and powered off for a few minutes it will work again but then all happens again after about 15-20 min. The hotspot still still works while the radio will not connect.

This happening to anyone else? I called onstar and they have "escalated" it to their remote team to investigate. Their solution was to reboot the system by powering it down and then restarting but I cannot do that every 20 min.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like a typical module hardware failure, at best maybe a firmware update would fix it. if it is under any kind of warranty be a squeaky wheel, if not then either request a diagnostic or replacement thru the dealer.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened in my 2018 Tahoe today after about 30 min of usage. First time I had it happen. Phones and tablets were still connected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan