2017 Yukon XL Warning Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daisy6860

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, we've been having a problem with two warning sensors repeatedly going off, everytime it goes into the dealership they tell me they can't find a problem. The sensors are “Front Radar Blocked. See owners manual” and “Foward Collison System Unavailable”. We've checked everything we could on our end and researched it to death. Nothing is blocking or dirty. GMC had it for three days and took the windshield off and out back on looking for issues. All they say is we can't find anything. It's been in 3 times now. It may seem silly, but it's annoying. Any Suggestions? Thank you! Judith

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, we've been having a problem with two warning sensors repeatedly going off, everytime it goes into the dealership they tell me they can't find a problem. The sensors are “Front Radar Blocked. See owners manual” and “Foward Collison System Unavailable”. We've checked everything we could on our end and researched it to death. Nothing is blocking or dirty. GMC had it for three days and took the windshield off and out back on looking for issues. All they say is we can't find anything. It's been in 3 times now. It may seem silly, but it's annoying. Any Suggestions? Thank you! Judith
when does this occur? is it raining outside? snowing or driving in the snow? those sensors do not work well in those situations, they also do not like fog lights, certain terrain can cause the issue also, does it happen at night versus daylight?
other than that it could be a alignment issue or sensor going out (that is why they took the windshield off). I am just guessing here on this but it could be they function like abs and will not save a code if they pass a self test on a restart if one is going bad or has a bad connection. It may be possible if you have a decent scanner connected when it occurs (when it gives the error message) and see if it pulls a error code that may help narrow down the problem.

Charles Piv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. It happens during the day when it was sunny outside. Sometime I will just be driving, clear day, and I would get the 2 messages. Last few weeks, I went to put the cruise control on and it wouldn’t let me. The 2 messages would come up.
any Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123