2017 Tahoe pulling to the left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron1201

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, new here.

Recently bought a clean 2017 tahoe with 73k on it. Recently it started pulling bad to the left when braking. Got back home from about 1.5 hours of driving and rotor and caliper on the passenger side were extremely hot. So figuring it was a stuck caliper me and my dad replaced it. it drove great for a few days. Then started pulling again, now back to square one. Not sure if we got the 1 in a million chance of getting a defective part from the parts store or if we need to start looking at other components.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd replace both brake hoses on the front. Then check the caliper pistons for good movement while pressing them in with the bleeder open. Check slide pins for easy movment, lube as needed with high temp silicone grease.

My assumption is maybe a failing hose that is keeping a small amount of pressure on that caliper after the brakes are released. But, I've also seen pistons bind when hot, and hardware that doesn't float properly. Are both pads worn evenly?

OP
OP
A

Aaron1201

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd replace both brake hoses on the front. Then check the caliper pistons for good movement while pressing them in with the bleeder open. Check slide pins for easy movment, lube as needed with high temp silicone grease.

My assumption is maybe a failing hose that is keeping a small amount of pressure on that caliper after the brakes are released. But, I've also seen pistons bind when hot, and hardware that doesn't float properly. Are both pads worn evenly?
D

Definitly will start with that. Now posting this 30 mins from home stuck in a parking lot, passenger side caliper is completely locked up again. Was driving down the road and noticed it was pulling right when not braking, pulled over and its getting so hot its smoking

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to keep a 10 mm wrench with you to bleed off some pressure. Also, just for grins, how full is the master cylinder?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts