2017 Tahoe Premier vs Yukon Denali---which would you buy and why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're all built side-by-side on the same assembly line in Arlington. I'd have to see some very solid objective proof that the seat leather is different between GMC and Chevy trucks. That would be a very expensive production change that would eat into the economies they're trying to achieve with those.
I believe the seats are pre-assembled and staged for install so I don't think it would be difficult to install seats with different materials as the vehicles move down the line.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JMO, if there is going to be any towing being done, the 8 speed and 6.2l with anti-sway and rear air suspension is the way to go. Definitely more than worth the $6-8000 difference some have been stating.
We had a 5.3l Tahoe that I never towed with. However after that we had a Expedition EL with the 5.4 and 6 speed. The Denali is much better at towing than that combo was. Not towing...nope, not as important.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JMO, if there is going to be any towing being done, the 8 speed and 6.2l with anti-sway and rear air suspension is the way to go. Definitely more than worth the $6-8000 difference some have been stating.
We had a 5.3l Tahoe that I never towed with. However after that we had a Expedition EL with the 5.4 and 6 speed. The Denali is much better at towing than that combo was. Not towing...nope, not as important.

What year was your Expy? Why did you buy it, and why did you get rid of it? Just curious.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year was your Expy? Why did you buy it, and why did you get rid of it? Just curious.
It was an '09 El Limited. It was all black on black. Very nice looking actually. I got rid of it because they offered me a decent trade in (customer looking for one) towards a 3 year lease.
I made the mistake of test driving a Denali and was sold on the extra almost 100hp.
One thing I must admit is that it was better made than my Denali, just not quite as many bells and whistles. It also drove nicer and the seats were more comfortable. I also liked how the rear quarter windows would open and how there was no AFM vibration. It also had a smooth shifting 6 speed transmission after I had the TCM tuned.
AAAHHHH, I miss that truck. :( :D

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was an '09 El Limited. It was all black on black. Very nice looking actually. I got rid of it because they offered me a decent trade in (customer looking for one) towards a 3 year lease.
I made the mistake of test driving a Denali and was sold on the extra almost 100hp.
One thing I must admit is that it was better made than my Denali, just not quite as many bells and whistles. It also drove nicer and the seats were more comfortable. I also liked how the rear quarter windows would open and how there was no AFM vibration. It also had a smooth shifting 6 speed transmission after I had the TCM tuned.

Thanks for your informed opinion. Not many people have owned both an Expy and Denali, especially the newer models of both. The Denali just looks so much better than the (old -2017 and older) Expy. I wish looks were everything!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw several 18 Navigators on road the other day and have to say they look pretty good. Kind of an enlarged land rover feel to it.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your informed opinion. Not many people have owned both an Expy and Denali, especially the newer models of both. The Denali just looks so much better than the (old -2017 and older) Expy. I wish looks were everything!
Exactly! The looks of the Denali is what got me looking. Then once I drove it, the extra power. Well, the 22" wheels helped a bit too. ;)
Saw several 18 Navigators on road the other day and have to say they look pretty good. Kind of an enlarged land rover feel to it.
That was going to be my next lease. But by the time I was finished I was close to $100k. For an SUV I use as a truck on the weekends...nah.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my Suburban in 16, I also looked at a 16 Expedition EL. While it was nice (and less than the base Suburban LS, I could not bring myself to purchase a 13 model year old design.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No kidding? I haven’t seen any yet. Swung by ford yesterday and didn’t see any expeditions in the lot...

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kidding? I haven’t seen any yet. Swung by ford yesterday and didn’t see any expeditions in the lot...

I haven’t seen any either but it should be pretty soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackIrish